River Feugh Waterfall After Floods

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Evening,

Well today saw most of the North East of Scotland get flooded, reports say that we have had all the rain we usually get in September within 24 hours, i have seem pictures on the news of cars being completely submerged in water, but today i saw it with my own eyes....

So after work took a quick trip to a local waterfalls that i have photographed many times, so sorry if you are getting bored of them...

This was the first time i have seen this much water go down these water falls, usually the water flows over the rocks but this time its the rocks just poking out of the water.

Part 2 Part 3

3887522747_223623d99b_o.jpg

3887523021_e2d4612fe0_o.jpg

And just for a bonus... i drove past a football pitch, (more like water polo)

3887538383_22bdbba02a_o.jpg

C+C Welcome as usual...

Cheers.

Chris.

Last edited:
#1 is great. Perfect balance of blur and movement in the water.

No 2 for me as well. Great composition and perfect water blur. I hope the weather eases of up there, it must be horrible to be flooded out. No chance of that here, the nearest stream (small) is 1/2 mile away and 100 feet lower.

Andy

#1 is great. Perfect balance of blur and movement in the water.

Thanks for the comment, didnt want to blur the water too much as it made the waterfall look gentle when it was actually thundering down.

#2 for me . love the portrait view.

wished i had my camera with me today. Water everywhere!

Cheers Allan, ye there was water everywhere but never had my camera until i got home... so missed lots of opportunities.

No 2 for me as well. Great composition and perfect water blur. I hope the weather eases of up there, it must be horrible to be flooded out. No chance of that here, the nearest stream (small) is 1/2 mile away and 100 feet lower.

Andy

Thanks Andy, well the rain stopped yesterday afternoon so hopefully that is it for a little while, luckily we werent affected too much but some other villages north of us had cars swept away and were flooded out.. so we were quite lucky, I also dont have any rivers too close to my home probably about 1/2 mile away.

Cheers.

Very nice set, I think No2 just edges ahead for me (y).

I've only been there to take photos once and that was when I was just starting. I'll have to make a stop down there sometime, it's not like I live far away!
Thanks for sharing :)

Very nice set, I think No2 just edges ahead for me (y).

I've only been there to take photos once and that was when I was just starting. I'll have to make a stop down there sometime, it's not like I live far away!
Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for the comment, you should get yourself back there, the amount of water going down it lately is amazing.

Back