River Hamble

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
1464221488_eb32e87e9f.jpg

what do you think

constructive critisism welcome.

this image was taken with a week of me getting the camera.

Hmm, nice colours but, I think the horizon is a little sloping to the right. And perhaps it'd be better to have the full message on the bench visible.

Just my $0.02

Good lighting and choice of foreground, it leads nicely into the rest of the image. I agree about having the full message visible, even though I guessed he was probably a harbour master :)

any other opinions

Well you can have mine for nowt...... which I'm assured is fair market value. ;)

I thknk it's a good shot but it could be better. If you'd raised the camera a little more and tilted it down further it might have been a more satifying composition. Three main things would have changed. One, you would have placed the end of the top rail on the bench into clear water rather than just intersecting the bank behind it. This would have given more space and prominence to your subject and made it stronger in the composition. The other two things would have been less sky, as it's not doing much to add interest and of course, give you more of the message on the bench.

The main thing about it though is that you saw a rather ordinary object looking more than the sum of its parts in some lovely light.

If you'd swung the camera to the right a little you could have included that "picturesque" refinery that's just out of shot!!:LOL:

Back