Scotland Road trip to Isle of Skye

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
We shall be venturing north at the end of September for 10 days and stopping off at various points on our travels to Skye, what I'm wanting to know is if anybody can help me with the sunsets and sunrises please :)
If I've worked it out correct I think The old man of storr, Sligachan bridge, Neist point will be best for sunset and The Quiraing, Buachaille etive mor, Elgol and Kilchurn castle for sunrises?
Cheers (y)

If you use TPE that will help you with sunrise and sunsets including times and positions. I think you probably want to be at the Storr and Quiraing for sunrise, Neist Point and Talisker best for sunset. Sure will correct me if incorrect.

Generally correct AFAIK. I've taken good sunrise photos at Sligachan with the Cuillins beyond - it depends on your angle. Neist, definitely sunset. Elgol, I usually go for late evening/sunset. Maybe someone else can chime in on sunrise? Kilchurn is fabulous at sunrise. Old Man of Storr is great in the morning from below, but if you want to climb up above the rock needle and shoot back down towards it then later in the day is better.

Have fun (I wish I was going, too!)

Brilliant thank you guys, I was using TPE but I'm easily confused :D I'm sorting through the itinerary so I can get to the right place at the right time with no muck ups I hope and hopefully the weather will be playing ball :)
How did the trip go?

Back