Roadstar CD Opinions (?)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I was sure I'd seen some pics by Photostar_1 of the rock band Roadstar (son in the band iirc?) but never thought much of it until I noticed a track from the band on a cover CD on this months "Classic Rock" mag - Have to say its a cracking track - Real "old school" rock in the AC/DC Thin Lizzy styli ...
Don't expect Photostar_1 to say their album is anything short of fab but has anyone here got the album & recommend it (or not) to an ageing rocker :nuts:
Paul (y)

It appears there are no fans here with the CD so after listening to the track again a few times I ordered the CD directly from the bands suppliers (y) - expect a brief review in a day or two (after the CD arrives!)
Paul ;)
PS - Have to catch them live sometime too bet they're the bees pajamas!

Hi Paul
They really do rock, in the manner of the AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zep style. Have a listen to the music on the myspace website.....they vary the tracks from time to time, but there are usually 4 as a minimum, so it gives a good flavour of their style.

My son is their lead guitarist. He joined them just a few days before they opened the Monsters of Rock festival at Milton Keynes in May this year, so is not the guitarist you hear on the album, nor the one in the video on myspace. He is sometimes known as Sid (heaven only knows why), but most know him as Andy.

They have just won the Classic Rock award for the best new band of 2006, which is why they have been in the magazine so much just lately.

Hope you enjoy the album. New one being recorded at the moment.
;)

I got the new album Grand Hotel the minute it was released. After getting their EP, when they were called Hurricane Party, I couldn't wait for a full album release to follow. It was well worth the wait. The UK have sorely needed a proper rock band to come to the fore and they have certainly stood up and been noticed. Their energy in the songs just makes me smile every time I listen to the cd. Just a shame I'll never get to see them over this side of the pond. Any chance you can have a word with your son and get them over to Toronto? Is Kalodner still their PR guy, by the way?

Hang on - hurricane party are now Roadstar!

Fantastic, how did I miss that!!! Their first EP was a proper breath of fresh air with undertones of quality rock history.

*off to myspace*

CD arrived & it ROCKS! Couple of iffy tracks IMHO but 8.5/10 & already looking forward to the next CD & seeing them live :clap:
photostar_1 - Don't know if you spotted my thread about taking pics at gigs but if I sort out a trip to see Roadstar would you be able to get me a Press Pass to take my camera with me (pretty please :love:)
Paul (y)

I'd love to help, but even I don't get a press pass! You have to be an acredited photographer with a commision from a magazine or similar to get one, as I understand it. Most places they played last year didn't have cordened off areas for press anyway, so I just elbow my way to the front and take my chances along with everone else. Some places the management refuse to allow cameras in at all which really annoys me, as loads of folks now use camera phones and they don't ban those!

I'd love to help, but even I don't get a press pass! You have to be an acredited photographer with a commision from a magazine or similar to get one, as I understand it. Most places they played last year didn't have cordened off areas for press anyway, so I just elbow my way to the front and take my chances along with everone else. Some places the management refuse to allow cameras in at all which really annoys me, as loads of folks now use camera phones and they don't ban those!

photostar_1 no problem - if you check my thread HERE about such matters it appears possible to get a pass through the bands management (which is why I asked you as I assumed you might know that person in your sons band)
I emailed the manager of Porcupine Tree & he replied in an hour to say he would let me have a pass if he could but couldn't promise anything ... Paul ;)

Its very difficult, being a Mum rather than just a friend.......I don't want to embarrass the poor lad! (Well, would you have liked your mum around when you were 18?). Their manager is really good about giving us passess to get into venues, so I would feel uncomfortable asking for anything else, especially when we are very much the newcomers.

Back