Robber Fly in BBC Wildlife mag

SKM

Edit My Images
No
this shot of a robber fly lunching on an aphid is "Shot of the Month" in the current issue of the BBC Wildlife Magazine. I have posted it before but here it is again. Very pleased as it is the second time one of my shots has featured in the past 3 months

Stan

1/200, f 8. ISO 800, canon 100 f2.8 L IS

9482984789_e2df4b7f51_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this shot of a robber fly lunching on an aphid is "Shot of the Month" in the current issue of the BBC Wildlife Magazine. I have posted it before but here it is again. Very pleased as it is the second time one of my shots has featured in the past 3 months

Stan

1/200, f 8. ISO 800, canon 10 f2.8 L IS

wonderful image Stan, very sharp what a scary beast that is

I see the exif say 10mm surely you meant 100mm

Les :)

Good stuff(y) Nice reward too, getting it printed;)

Thanks guys, the prize of a nesting box and camera has arrived too but that will go into storage until the spring

Stan

Very nice shot and congratulations on getting it printed that has to be everyone's end goal.

Congratulations, a worthy accolade :)

Brilliant shot Stan, very well deserved!

What lighting did you use please?

Thanks guys....sorry I missed your replies
What lighting did you use please?

no special lighting just natural light and shot from a few inches away, handheld with the lens hood resting on the rail the fly was perched on.

I have since been contacted by the mag publishers to say that it is also going to appear in a one off nature magazine due for publication next month

Stan

Thanks Stan.

Great news about the 2nd publication, you must be really chuffed!
(y)

Great news about the 2nd publication, you must be really chuffed!
thanks Hazel. No prize this time but they are going to send a copy of the magazine

stan

Good work Stan, it's good to get some recognition now and again. (y)

Brilliant photography Stan, and a worth POM

Geoff

Stan

1/200, f 8. ISO 800, canon 100 f2.8 L IS

Back