Robert Frank RIP

I saw this earlier today. Very sad but as you say, 94 is a good age!

I picked up The Americans just before I went on holiday along with 4 other books and it's still in the cellphone it came in. Just have too many to read at the moment.

I picked up The Americans just before I went on holiday along with 4 other books and it's still in the cellphone it came in. Just have too many to read at the moment.

I can sympathise.

My pile of unread photo books stands 15 tall at present. I have to try and keep myself from buying more!

The fact that photo books can be expensive AND have limited print runs (after which they become even more expensive!), means I sometimes buy books I want when I have the chance, even if I'm not going to have time to read them yet.

I can sympathise.

My pile of unread photo books stands 15 tall at present. I have to try and keep myself from buying more!

The fact that photo books can be expensive AND have limited print runs (after which they become even more expensive!), means I sometimes buy books I want when I have the chance, even if I'm not going to have time to read them yet.

I hear ya. I had 5 in my Amazon basket for ages and it took Vicki to tell me to "just click buy". She's a good un. I just unwrapped, 'Annie Liebovits- The Early Years' and have been reading that recently. Anyway, we digress. :)

RIP to a true artist. The Americans was the first photo book I ever bought and that 83-image sequence is seared into my mind. Going to go over it for the thousandth time tonight and spend a few nights reading through Sarah’s Greenough’s wonderful book on The Americans.

Finally worked out, cellphone == cellophane! DYAC... ;-)

I've flicked through the Americans in the library but never really given it a good read I probably should.

On the other topic, I've got a small backlog of photo books to look through, still in their wrappers...

It’s been in my ‘basket’ for years and for some reason I’ve never bought it maybe because so many of those images I am familiar with I always found something else to spend my money on. Quality work though and one I will eventually buy.

It’s been in my ‘basket’ for years and for some reason I’ve never bought it maybe because so many of those images I am familiar with I always found something else to spend my money on. Quality work though and one I will eventually buy.
Same here. One I always planned to get but never quite made the purchase.
Hope the price doesn’t go up now!

Highly recommend London/Wales also - contrasts the bowler hatted city gent against the coal miners in Wales.
I prefer it to the Americans

I have just this morning added that to my amazon list.

Back