Robin enjoying the sun!!

Name
Natasha Balletta
Edit My Images
No
Hi Had fun photographing the robin in the garden, I always enjoy photographing the robin,he's so full of character and is definitely the poser of the garden lol.

Thanks for looking,C&C welcome.

Last edited:
Like the pose, the composition etc. but the photo is a little soft IMO.

Like the pose, the composition etc. but the photo is a little soft IMO.

:agree: A pity really Natasha ;) What lens were you using? Also what settings are you using on the focus points? It might be worth just using the centre spot if you are not already, and concentrate focusing on the eye. One thing I have found is that unless you are using a lens with IS then digital is not so forgiving as film. Try and use a tripod or position yourself where by you have a sturdy resting place, up against a post or solid object is ideal, or a bean bag.Even two small ones for the elbows will help. Sorry if you already know this stuff, but if you dont then it will help you in the long run ;) Look forward to seeing some more from you (y)

Well taken Natasha :) It is a little soft, and perhaps could be sharpened a tad in photoshop?

They are a lovely bird to have around the garden, and allways willing to pose.

:agree: A pity really Natasha ;) What lens were you using? Also what settings are you using on the focus points? It might be worth just using the centre spot if you are not already, and concentrate focusing on the eye. One thing I have found is that unless you are using a lens with IS then digital is not so forgiving as film. Try and use a tripod or position yourself where by you have a sturdy resting place, up against a post or solid object is ideal, or a bean bag.Even two small ones for the elbows will help. Sorry if you already know this stuff, but if you dont then it will help you in the long run ;) Look forward to seeing some more from you (y)

Hi Thank you very much for your comment and advice, I really appreciate it :)!! For photographing birds, I use my canon zoom lens 90-300mm, I use the centre spot on the focusing points :). That's ok, don't worry, any advice and tips is helpful (even though birds aren't easy to photograph because they're always on the move :LOL:, I enjoy photographing them and always have fun photographing the ones in the garden because of their characters :)), thank you :) Sorry for waffling, once I start,I can't stop :LOL:

Natasha

Well taken Natasha :) It is a little soft, and perhaps could be sharpened a tad in photoshop?

They are a lovely bird to have around the garden, and allways willing to pose.

Hi Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it :)!!! Going to sharpen the photo more in Photoshop :). I agree, robins are lovely birds to have in the garden, the robin is definitely one of my favourite birds to photograph and I always enjoy photographing him because of his character (whenever he sees me with the camera he starts posing :LOL:)

Natasha

Back