Robin Hoods Bay

I won't comment on the processing style other than say it's not my cup of tea.

You need to look at all your horizons again, especially number 2.

On the positive side, you caught some nice views of the place. Been a long time since I was there.

I won't comment on the processing style other than say it's not my cup of tea.

You need to look at all your horizons again, especially number 2.

On the positive side, you caught some nice views of the place. Been a long time since I was there.
Thanks for your feedback. Didn't notice how far the horizon was out in number 2 :mad:

^couldn't agree more about the post-processing. A little too heavy for my taste.

I usually don't like to get people in my shots, but it definitely helps give a sense of scale. Very nice shots!

^couldn't agree more about the post-processing. A little too heavy for my taste.

I usually don't like to get people in my shots, but it definitely helps give a sense of scale. Very nice shots!
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated

Certainly post processing seems to be a problem,1st photo foreground very flat with no lead in leaving you with the cliffs/buildings along with the sky.
Sky seems perhaps ok in first but others very heavy.
A nice part of the country go there quite often wifes health permitting.
GEORGE.

Certainly post processing seems to be a problem,1st photo foreground very flat with no lead in leaving you with the cliffs/buildings along with the sky.
Sky seems perhaps ok in first but others very heavy.
A nice part of the country go there quite often wifes health permitting.
GEORGE.
Thanks for your feedback

Way too heavy on the processing for my liking Im afraid. In number2 the clouds have been moving too fast or the interval between shots was too great and parts of the same clouds are duplicated.

way too harsh processing, spoiling what could have been nice scenes, horizontals need attention and the #2 photo the clouds my me feel queezy when looking

Process them again IMO :puke:

They would work well in mono.

Last edited:
I'd look at them again if they were "un-HDR'ed".
IMHO HDR only works if it's so subtle you have to wonder if it's there at all.
Agree with the mono comment too.

Well, it's been said, really. Mike - if you want to mature as a photographer, you need to get over this urge for crazy 'look at me' processing. That's unless garish cartoons are what you really, deeply want to produce ...

Fantastic. Much better (although that dark cloud upper left is still slightly distracting from the image)

Just moved to the area Mike and looking for photo ideas. These are great.:)

Tony

Fantastic. Much better (although that dark cloud upper left is still slightly distracting from the image)

Just moved to the area Mike and looking for photo ideas. These are great.:)

Tony
Yeah I agree with what you say about the dark cloud.

I've only been there once a couple of months ago. A lovely place. I'd definitely like to go back there at some point

I'm sorry but they still look like quick snapshots. 1) has rather messy mud as foreground, no clear central interest and rather poor light for the architecture. 2) I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look at and sky is artificially dark.

First thing I'd think what the subject of the photo is and then wait for the right light

Back