Robin hovering around the suet feeder

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Posted this elsewhere before realising this is the place for this type of image. This robin was hovering around the suet feeder, pecking at it rather than perching on it as usual, so I decided to set up my camera on a remote release and take a few pictures. Even though the camera was only about six feet away from him, it's presence and the noises it made really didn't put him off. This was the best image I got.

Robin Hovering at the Feeder (Cropped) by Jason Clogg, on Flickr

Glad you've posted this shot here as well as elsewhere. Some people might have a bit of a moan about the unnatural feeder but IMO, if that's what's there, that's what's there! If necessary, you could probably crop it out and still have enough pixels for posting on the web. Great timing and looks good from a technical viewpoint as well (focus and exposure.)

Glad you've posted this shot here as well as elsewhere. Some people might have a bit of a moan about the unnatural feeder but IMO, if that's what's there, that's what's there! If necessary, you could probably crop it out and still have enough pixels for posting on the web. Great timing and looks good from a technical viewpoint as well (focus and exposure.)
Thanks, I've posted from the feeder before and it's not to everybody's taste, but we have a very sparse garden that is all lawn, so I don't have much else. This is the best bird photo I've managed so far and although I got a few good shots of the robin, this is head and shoulder's above the others in my opinion.

we have a very sparse garden that is all lawn, so I don't have much else.
Put some twigs through the feeder, so they stick out and give the bird something to perch on, then you can focus away from the feeder a little.

I dont have a problem with the feeder its a great capture,if you wanted you could clone it out,i put no effort into this just a quick wipe over with content aware but its a starting point.

27632071123_945701369b_c.jpg

I dont have a problem with the feeder its a great capture,if you wanted you could clone it out,i put no effort into this just a quick wipe over with content aware but its a starting point.

View attachment 69008
Nice, I didn't really think of doing that. I have cropped the feeder out in a test, but it does produce a rather small image.

Back