Robin pose

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst I was parked up eating my dinner at the weekend I had my first opportunity to photograph a Robin. He stood in front of the car and was happy for me to get out and take some pics of him.

CopyofIMG_0977.jpg

CopyofIMG_0990.jpg

Thanks for looking any C+c welcomed

Elvis

Little tarts Robins are aren't they, but you gotta love them :D.

Agree with the Artymans comments about it being not quite focused on Robin. That said i do like the first picture.

Last edited:
Front focused means that the focus point is in front of the subject, whereas Rear focused means the focus point is behind the subject. Assuming you were accurate with your focus the lens may need adjusting. You don't have the luxury of of Micro Adjust on the 400D but if this is a consistent problem getting the lens sorted is the best option or else allow for it and focus on the birds tail for instance, so the head is in focus being slightly further towards you.

It may be a good idea to do a focus check, set up an object at your normal shooting distance place a tape measure alongside take a few test shots defocussing between eah shot and then look at the tape and see if that reveals and problems.

Last edited:
Hi Lee, nothing better than having a Robin joining you for lunch :love:, lovely shots. What Ken says might hold true about focusing issues, but I would double check first of all. I assume you use Canons software for your images so if you do and you are not aware of it have a look at the original file in Zoom Browser and click on the box as indicated in the pic this will show you exactly where the focus locked on. It will pay to do a sharpen on your image once you have finished with it in editing and just before you resize it for the web. I have added a bit more of a sharpen to your first shot so hopefully it looks a little better.

Focus.jpg

Robin.jpg

Last edited:
cheers for the comments. I must admit it was one of them moments that I was trying to capture quickly before it flew off and didn't really think too much about it. Atleast now I know what to think about and can try for a better shot next time.

Cheers Elvis(y)

Back