Robin posing

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a pleasant few hours birding today and will post some results when they are sorted. Before I set up, this robin was hanging around and just had to be taken. Unfortunately this is a fairly heavy crop from a hand held shot and so is not the best, I still liked the look of him though. What do you think.

3897450557_eccd5dda1d_o.jpg

Cheers,
Trev

Last edited:
Don't put your photos down, this is a really nice shot :clap:

Who doesnt like a robin shot! (Y)!

Good shot Trev -especially hand held and cropped. That 's not Freda's Grave is it?

Who doesnt like a robin shot! (Y)!

Thanks Hunter87, I do agree, theres something very charismatic about them isnt there :)

Good shot Trev -especially hand held and cropped. That 's not Freda's Grave is it?

Cheers CT, thanks for your comment,
Freda's Grave..... emmmm.... might be lol
It was under the trees where the Hawfinch was earlier in the year, so the light wasnt great. Spent about 4 hours around there today, there was a good variety around, I'll post some when they are sorted, took over 560 shots, got to sort out the kepers first :thinking: and theres a couple I am strugling to ID but will get there.

Cheers CT, thanks for your comment,
Freda's Grave..... emmmm.... might be lol
It was under the trees where the Hawfinch was earlier in the year, so the light wasnt great. Spent about 4 hours around there today, there was a good variety around, I'll post some when they are sorted, took over 560 shots, got to sort out the kepers first :thinking: and theres a couple I am strugling to ID but will get there.

Ah thought so. Has someone chopped down all those nettles which were in the way then?

Ah thought so. Has someone chopped down all those nettles which were in the way then?

It was quite clear of nettles today, but to be honest, I havent seen them there anyway, its some time since I managed to get up there, too long really. This is only the second time since we went there. I saw ranger Phill, he waved as he drove passed me, maybe he's been working his wonders up there. The wooden gate has been replaced with a sturdy metal one, and theres a Fiesta a few meters from the gate, burnt out!!! sad reflection isnt it.

OK. The nettles were there a couple of weeks ago - someone's obviously chopped them down. It wouldn't be Phil - more likely bird watchers or togs.

Ranger Phil is due to retire any time soon, I remember him saying.

OK. The nettles were there a couple of weeks ago - someone's obviously chopped them down. It wouldn't be Phil - more likely bird watchers or togs.

Ranger Phil is due to retire any time soon, I remember him saying.

Yes, October I believe.

I like it Trev (y) 400mm as well you did good, just wondering did you have IS by any chance or not?

Very nice shot Trev.

Back