Robin

Edit My Images
Yes
I saw this robin while out at Ouse Washes today - he/she sat there like a statue while I took his/her photo. I wish I'd taken some mealworms with me, I reckon I could have got him/her eating out of my hand I got that close

C&C welcome & appreciated

Alison :)

Robin1_resized.jpg

Robin2_resized1.jpg

Robin3_resized1.jpg

Robin4_resized.jpg

I prefer the 4th as I feel the others are too saturated. With the 4th, looks a TINY bit soft. Did you sharpen?

Gary.

I prefer the 4th as I feel the others are too saturated. With the 4th, looks a TINY bit soft. Did you sharpen?
Gary.

Thank you, these are all straight out of the camera apart from a slight crop on 1,2, & 3 - what have I done wrong to cause them to be saturated, any help you can give me would be much appreciated :)

Nice set, the last one is a stunner :clap:

Thanks, glad you like them :)

Nice set (y) I like robins :)

Thank you, I like them too - this one sat so still for me :)

Thank you, these are all straight out of the camera apart from a slight crop on 1,2, & 3 - what have I done wrong to cause them to be saturated, any help you can give me would be much appreciated :)

Thanks, glad you like them :)

Thank you, I like them too - this one sat so still for me :)

Certainly do not look 'saturated' here on my calibrated monitor.

If anything number 3 is a touch overexposed, but only about .3 EV,

The eye in number 4 is sharp, the rest of the bird is softening due to depth of field, sharpening would not alter that, you would need to use a smaller aperture when shooting to get more in focus. Not a problem as it is.

All in all a nice set (y)

Certainly do not look 'saturated' here on my calibrated monitor.

If anything number 3 is a touch overexposed, but only about .3 EV,

The eye in number 4 is sharp, the rest of the bird is softening due to depth of field, sharpening would not alter that, you would need to use a smaller aperture when shooting to get more in focus. Not a problem as it is.

All in all a nice set (y)

Thanks Martyn

Glad they don't look saturated to you.

I went out to try my new lens yesterday and I'm still learning so I really appreciate any feedback I can get.

Alison :)

I like all of these. Robins are very obliging aren't they?

Number 4 is my favourite :clap::clap::clap:

Great shots my advice don t feed them from your hand I did for year and half fed my robin everyday without fail he was always there waiting for me.Yesterday morning robin feathers on my lawn and the sparrowhawk has had my little robin. I am devasted and spent all day crying you just get so attached.

Great shots my advice don t feed them from your hand I did for year and half fed my robin everyday without fail he was always there waiting for me.Yesterday morning robin feathers on my lawn and the sparrowhawk has had my little robin. I am devasted and spent all day crying you just get so attached.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that, I'd be crying too if that happened, nature can seem so cruel sometimes :(

This robin was one I saw while I was out at Ouse Washes so it would have just been a one off for me

Oh no, so sorry to hear that, I'd be crying too if that happened, nature can seem so cruel sometimes :(

This robin was one I saw while I was out at Ouse Washes so it would have just been a one off for me

I know nature can be so cruel sorry to have gone on a bit some people might think whats a matter with the woman its only a robin but you do get attached I won t be taming any more.Anyway enough of that yours are lovely shots:)

Back