Robin

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I struggled with noise with this one at 800 ISO and low light., but I quite like the warm feel. :)

Robin.jpg

20D Steve. The 1D hasn't been returned yet. :(

...and no jokes about warm feels! ;)

Sorry when I said returned I was meaning by you to them ;)

No jokes from me on your misfortune..not my style

:LOL: :LOL: :naughty: :stir:

Ok I'll add my comments, it looks very clean, if you had not already mentioned it I would not have noticed any noise on the picture at this scale. Its been very well isolated from the uncluttered background and the focus is spot on. Framing is also excellent with you placing the Robin off to the left hand side of the photo while catching him looking into the open space of the right-exactly as you should ;)

My only negatives are..its a non standard crop and the leaves on the left are going out of frame...both very minor and with your skill I am sure that you can correct both if you should choose to ;)

potential christmas card there I reckon.

I can't really add anything that steve hasn't already said. Is the noise really that bad on the full-size version?

Steve said:
My only negatives are..its a non standard crop and the leaves on the left are going out of frame...

I knew I'd get it on both counts there! At least you didn't mention that I'm the one always going on about awkward crops. :D

gandhi said:
Is the noise really that bad on the full-size version?

Yes... awful. The light was pretty bad, and I under-exposed a bit too which didn't help matters This is a substantial cop from the original, and it's had a fair bit of work to make it presentable at this size.

I must say, I find it hard to notice any noise considering a substantial crop. I think it is a good shot and the work paid off.

Pic now edited as suggested - thanks. :)

Back