Robins.

Edit My Images
Yes
Well you all know what lens these were taken with, so I won't bother repeating myself :D

Both shot at about 6:30 am this morning. It was cold, to say the least.

robin-2.jpg

robin2-2.jpg

Cheers guys :)

Yeah that is an advantage. I'm usually either taking pics, editing them, or browsing photography forums like this one :)

One robin at this place where I go to snap birds is SO tame. I was walking along the path with him just hopping along in front of me - like having a pet robin :LOL: Also saw some baby ones but got no good pics of them.

2nd one is very good. (y)
The first looks like you've overcooked the PS to bring out the details.

Thanks OG. Doesn't look like that to me - I only resized and USMed with settings something like 50, 1, 0. Not sure why it would look overcooked :thinking:

Thanks for the feedback though :)

The second one is excellent. (y)

The first one looks like you got focus about haflway down his body so the head isn't as sharp as it could be.

Promising early results though Ewan with that new glass.

Thanks CT - Will make sure I get the head sharp next time :)

Another pic from before. Not worth starting another thread for so I'll post it here...

greattit-1.jpg

Will make sure I get the head sharp next time

Not so much the head as that all important sharp eye contact ... ;)

Couple of nice shots there Ewan and :agree: with previous about #2 being the better of the two ... (y) ... looks to be a sound purchase you got yourself there ... :D

:p

It's Ewan, not Ewen :cautious: But thankyou anyway :)

And thanks Bev too - your starling pics are awesome, been trying to take some like them but with no luck :(

improving all the time mate keep up the good work..
im with all above 2nd shot for me (y)

:agree:with everybody that number 2 is a cracking shot :clap:
well worth the early start(y)

Back