Rock Pool

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Taken whilst away last week on my trip to cornwall. Completely lost my mojo on this trip. The first time it's ever happened to me, Just couldn't get my head round anything. Managed to salvage this one though which was taken about 30 minutes before sunrise.

Rock Pool by RichardHurstPhotography, on Flickr

Hi Richard, Well if that shot's from when you've lost your Mojo then go lose it some more. I really like this shot. "Great Stuff". (y)

The colours are beautiful in this Richard and I love the sand patterns. My only niggle is that the foreground rock is more in the midground giving a compressed feel to the right side of the shot. I wonder if going closer to the rock and shooting slightly downward would have created more space between it and the other elements.
However that's just nitpicking.

That's a fantastic image - lovely tones and the patterns in the water add to the interest.

I can't make my mind up whether or not it needs a little clockwise nudge ?

That's a fantastic image - lovely tones and the patterns in the water add to the interest.

I can't make my mind up whether or not it needs a little clockwise nudge ?
this is what I'm thinking too. Just looks ever so slightly out.

Lovely tones. The lines in the sand make it for me.

Taken whilst away last week on my trip to cornwall. Completely lost my mojo on this trip. The first time it's ever happened to me, Just couldn't get my head round anything. Managed to salvage this one though which was taken about 30 minutes before sunrise.

Happens to me all the time, I have a crisis practically every time I go out… this is excellent though, those ripples make it

Oh man, if this was you on a lost mojo day....... :) love it!!! Tones, ripples and colouring, very nice indeed.

The colours are beautiful in this Richard and I love the sand patterns. My only niggle is that the foreground rock is more in the midground giving a compressed feel to the right side of the shot. I wonder if going closer to the rock and shooting slightly downward would have created more space between it and the other elements.
However that's just nitpicking.

I agree with this, a higher position shooting downward and a bit closer tighter would nail this. Lovely exposure and colours though

I agree with this, a higher position shooting downward and a bit closer tighter would nail this. Lovely exposure and colours though

Yes but shooting it downward and a bit tighter I would of lost the lines in the sand which is a key feature. The lines are the foreground interest, Rock middle interest etc

I think that the shot works very well.

I was recently in Cornwall & felt the same. Things just didn't seem to come together frustrating but just got to keep getting out there I guess!

Back