Rockwell B1b Lancer (HDR)

Edit My Images
No
As title. Thinking about buying this software.

001.jpg

002.jpg

C&C Welcome.

King.

I'm not sure about those, I can't make up my mind if I like them or not. I do like HDR and this is the first time I've seen it done on an aircraft in flight. No 3 is the best of them in my opinion, shame the clouds are still a bit flat. Regardless of the HDR, nice capture of the aircraft, just out of interets, waht do the non HDR look like.

Its almost made the plane look like a model. Haven't been able to make my up if it works or not. I like #2 for the heat haze, nice stuff :).

I do like HDR and this is the first time I've seen it done on an aircraft in flight.

Its almost made the plane look like a model. Haven't been able to make my up if it works or not. I like #2 for the heat haze, nice stuff :).

Agree with you both. Difficult to make my up on them too. I was looking for aviation HDR's and failed to find one in flight so gave it a shot myself.

Have been tinkering about and decided to black and white number 3.

003B&W.jpg

You've got the edit option on so I thought I’d have a quick play in Photoshop (very rough), tried to make it a bit more 'punchy' I'm not sure if I succeeded, but I quite like it.

Untitled-1.jpg

I like that hawker,... nice edit. Can you give me rough run through on what you changed?

No problem, I'm using photoshop CS2 although nothing special in the way of tools. Firstly, make a duplicate layer (opacity set to 100% to start with), then a quick play about with curves (until you like the look of it). Next using the dodge and burn tools to selectively lighten (mainly the shadow on the cockpit area, tail fin) and darken (side of fuselage by the wing root) bits of the aircraft . Then dropped the opactity slightly to allow the origional lalyer to show through a bit. Basicaly just play about until you get the look you want (forget about what the changes that will have been done to the sky, more later).
Next made another dulpicate layer from the origional, and alter the brightenss and contrast to get the sky looking how you want. This layer is sitting on top of the layer wher you have sorted the aircraft, use the rubber (opacity set to arround 80%) to then 'rub' the aircraft out of the sky layer so the 'good' one shows through. Keep doing that until you have done it all (keep clicking the visiblity of the sky layer on and off, this will quiclky show any areas on the aircraft you still need to rub out of the skylayer.
That's it when you are happy save again as a jpeg :)

Had a quick five min go at the colour vesrion,

Untitled-2.jpg

Think I might have pushed the clouds too far in this one.

The 1st and 2nd aren't too bad but they get worse from there in IMO.

How about seeing them without the hdr editing?

Back