Roe deer chance meeting

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from 100mtrs away in between showers.

167201041-L.jpg

167201058-L.jpg

Even Sawman would like a set like those
167246766-L.jpg

These are nice.

:)

Hmm See the old buck has thrown down a challenge! Kinda busy on the cabin though at the moment. Nice though very nice. Idiot woman up in the wood today let her two dogs off in sight of the wee Roe Doe & her young one. All hell broke loose. I was too far away (Just as well ) but I think the wee one managed to escape

A little more enthusiasm young man please. Wonder if the old boy had a pie again today :LOL:

Yeah sorry, must admit that these are great, just didnae want him to get big heided. A pie, heck he only gets them when I'M paying :D

Women and dogs eh, there's only one place for either of them and they both start with as K :p which reminds me I must get Fido a new dish cloth :LOL:

Mike.

Just went out to get out of house. Buck and doe came out when I was in hide and luck had it, sun was shining on him, doe came out as I tried to get nearer but they went into bracken, but were undisturbed so sure to see them again.
Some people seem to think once they get out in the countryside they can just let their dogs roam, same at nesting time with the pheasants sitting, also filling the plastic bag with you know what and throwing it into side of path. I've strimmed many paths in my time for Woodland Trust etc and believe you me its not pleasant, as they say when it hits the fan.

Whats that brown thing sticking up on bottom of the last one? Pie perhaps!

Correct, would liked to have said a lot of skill required in the stalk, but have to confess not this time, had to go hungry as well.

I bet you threw it a pie and took the photos while it ate!! ;) :D

Very well done getting these shots....they're great. (y)

Thanks and nice to see comments.
As I said a bit lucky to get these one as didn't at first see the doe as she was lying down and only seen when stalking nearer and she spotted me but was not certain what she had seen and I had to stay in ene of those poses that are very uncomfortable because roe can stare at you for a long time and try and catch you out by pretending to feed and then look up quickly. No photo of doe as she walked out of sight.
As regards the pies I can't bring everything, already carry tripod, binos, another lens, something to sit on, etc, with the pies you can get rid of them easy not so with sons.

Leaving the mill tonight I came found a corner & a Buzzard was sitting on a fence post & Just behind her a nice doe. No camera so just enjoyed the moment

Think with this showery weather they like to get out at any time and catch whatever sun thats going, suppose they don't like the rain dripping on them all the time

Back