Roe Deer with fawn

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
5dmk3~500 f4 mk2~1.4tc~1/640~f5.6~iso2000~focal distance 100meter.

Another shot from within the hide waiting for something else.
Think the fawn was literally hours/days old, it was rather wobbly on it's legs.

original.jpg

That's a belter of a shot

A seriously impressive shot given it was taken at 100m, no shortage of cute factor! Could you alter the crop at all just to add a little 'breathing' space on the right hand side?

Mike

Thanks for your thoughts and kind comments all, glad you like.

A seriously impressive shot given it was taken at 100m, no shortage of cute factor! Could you alter the crop at all just to add a little 'breathing' space on the right hand side?

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for your thoughts, there was indeed a bit more room all around for a shade of breathing space but I'm not sure why I didn't give it :shrug::D

Here's another that was given a bit more space (I hope)
1/640~f7.1~iso4000~focal distance 70meter

original.jpg

Thanks for looking and your thoughts guys ) don't think I will come across sort of scene too often!

Beautiful pictures and well captured (y)

No matter how often you this it is always a magical moment :love:

Second shot is simply superb Martin. You caught the behaviour exceptionally well.

A truly delightful shot,well done.

Both shots to be very proud of. The second for me though just has it owing to the 'contact' between doe & fawn. Brilliant work

Love both images. Certainly two to treasure.

Thanks for looking all, much appreciate your time and honest thoughts and comments.
Must be doing something right this end, glad you like :)

Excellent Shot, absolutely spot on,
Shame about the bit of noise... but having flash popping off kind of defeats the object of using a hide right?
Was it worth the time in the hide? And more importantly did you find the thing you were looking for? x

Thanks Neil, cheers canonman,,, thanks for looking and your thoughts )

hi gothgirl, thanks for looking and your thoughts on the noise, which one do you notice the noise on? on one...both? think I have become oblivious to it although I think my eyes can just pick it up on the second one. I had to shoot at a higher than normal iso to keep shutter speed up as I was hand holding and light was a bit dim, think I did apply an amount of noise reduction but if I remember I lost detail while doing so tried to find a happy medium, you either have good monitor or eyes like a hawk :D

No, I didn't find what I was looking for this time, a Kingfisher,, but well happy I got the Deer and it was defiantly worth the time in the hide as I managed to capture a few unusual angry bird shots, the most memorable being a seagull being beaten up by two Coots and a Common Tern for pinching the baby chicks from the nest.

Last shot of the Roe deer, got lots of captures but the poses are all a bit similar.

Do our bums look big in this?
1/800~f7.1~iso4000~700mm~focal distance 100meter
original.jpg

Thanks Neil, cheers canonman,,, thanks for looking and your thoughts )

hi gothgirl, thanks for looking and your thoughts on the noise, which one do you notice the noise on? on one...both? think I have become oblivious to it although I think my eyes can just pick it up on the second one. I had to shoot at a higher than normal iso to keep shutter speed up as I was hand holding and light was a bit dim, think I did apply an amount of noise reduction but if I remember I lost detail while doing so tried to find a happy medium, you either have good monitor or eyes like a hawk :D

No, I didn't find what I was looking for this time, a Kingfisher,, but well happy I got the Deer and it was definitely worth the time in the hide as I managed to capture a few unusual angry bird shots, the most memorable being a seagull being beaten up by two Coots and a Common Tern for pinching the baby chicks from the nest.

I'm glad you got some interesting shots :)

Well my monitor is an old toshiba satellite laptop that I've had for about 7 years and is held together by gaffa tape (literally) ....

I see a small amount of noise on all 3, not enough to distract from the image at all, but mainly on the first one in the background... Hope that helps

x

I'm glad you got some interesting shots :)

Well my monitor is an old toshiba satellite laptop that I've had for about 7 years and is held together by gaffa tape (literally) ....

I see a small amount of noise on all 3, not enough to distract from the image at all, but mainly on the first one in the background... Hope that helps

x

Excellent, thanks for you honest thoughts gothgirl, really appreciate that :)
Something for me to keep eye on next time, reduce noise so gothgirls gaffa taped monitor doesn't pick it up :D

Excellent, thanks for you honest thoughts gothgirl, really appreciate that :)
Something for me to keep eye on next time, reduce noise so gothgirls gaffa taped monitor doesn't pick it up :D

lol (y)

I got my hawk eyes from specsavers :D

lol, think I need a trip to specsavers, think I will refer to you as hawk eyes from now on in :D

First off - lovely shots, I'm very envious of you as I've been actively trying for the last couple of months to get similar and not come anywhere near anything as clear as these. 2nd one is definitely the pick for me although I'd be more than happy with any of them!

Interesting to see the comments about noise... To be honest, I would say there almost the opposite problem. I may be way off, but to me they look as if they've had a bit too much noise reduction applied and probably a bit too much sharpening done to compensate for loss of detail which is giving a slightly soft, "painted" look to the deer and a slightly mottled, but not actually noisy, look to the backgrounds. I'd be really interested to see the original shot - I reckon slightly different processing could make them look even better.

Rather an ironic nickname for someone with vision as poor as mine lol ! (y)

hehe, well I'm going to have to take your word for that about the poor vision,, although I would like to view these in your glasses :D

I like these - nice compersition..

Thanks Pete, glad you like :)

First off - lovely shots, I'm very envious of you as I've been actively trying for the last couple of months to get similar and not come anywhere near anything as clear as these. 2nd one is definitely the pick for me although I'd be more than happy with any of them!

Interesting to see the comments about noise... To be honest, I would say there almost the opposite problem. I may be way off, but to me they look as if they've had a bit too much noise reduction applied and probably a bit too much sharpening done to compensate for loss of detail which is giving a slightly soft, "painted" look to the deer and a slightly mottled, but not actually noisy, look to the backgrounds. I'd be really interested to see the original shot - I reckon slightly different processing could make them look even better.

Hi Will, thanks for looking and your time writing your thoughts, much appreciated (y)

You have used one word there that I have though aswell on more than one occasion, 'painted'. I will try find the original RAW over the next few days and maybe have another go but I must admit I run out of patience in processing very quickly. Crop to size, move this slider,,, move that slider,, looks about right,,bored now that'll do sort of mentality is me :LOL: probably not a very good thing really :bonk:

Come to think of it, I think You're right.

The Noise that I noticed is lacking in the random colouration, so I think the "fuzzy" affect that I first thought was noise is over sharpening

Back