Rogate Downhill Mountain biking.

Cheers Paul.

Some serious concentration from myself as well in a very dark and gloomy forest!

forth shot is the pic of the bunch for me as well, good impression of speed as well as the focus in the eyes.

Thanks for all the comments guys. (y)

First time i have came away happy with most of the shots from the day!

Covering a race for some mate's next weekend at the same place so was good practice!

Forgot to ask. Do you just manage to take the photo at the right time when the bike is in mid-air or do you use rapid shot (forgot the name, where it takes multiple photos with one press of the button).

Forgot to ask. Do you just manage to take the photo at the right time when the bike is in mid-air or do you use rapid shot (forgot the name, where it takes multiple photos with one press of the button).

Just one shot on all my shots. Never use continuous shooting mode at all!

They are pretty quick to taking the photo from pressing the button but you still have to have an eye for when to press it in the first place. :D

They are pretty quick to taking the photo from pressing the button but you still have to have an eye for when to press it in the first place. :D

Yes i have a lot of fronts and backs but hardly ever in the same shot

a few comments from me...

1. bike is blown against the sky and a terrible shadow on the tree to the right...may be have got lower to avoid the sky and if I presume correctly you had O/C flash, put it in front to highlight face and colours on riders top...and get closer

2. strange angle of the rider in this shot, nice air, but back wheel too distorted...

3. again, flash is apparent on left front tree trunk...nice sharp image of rider, although angle of you to rider, doesn't blur background enough and just looks blurred (not motion blurred)...slower shutter speed if that's the angle you intended to shoot...

4. best of the lot for me, although funny tree stump in bottom right which interupts the blur..

5. OOF, does nothing for me, would bin...

JB

Thanks for taking the time to comment JB.

Pretty much agree that no 4 is the best and now i can only see that stump when i look!!:LOL:

np....

are you going to the comp tomorrow - am hoping to head down...so you may be able to crit mine tomorrow night !

JB

Yep,not racing myself this weekend but will be down with 3 mates who are racing. Hopefully get some good pics if it's not too wet!

Look out for a tall balding Scottish bloke with a flash looking lost!!!!:LOL:

Back