Roker Sunrise Boxing Day

Name
paul rogers
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out this morning for the sunrise took a few quite enjoyed it,it also has been a while since I was out with my camera so hear a couple

First picture of the day around 20 seconds lee soft grad
5292833991_7fa4922b23_z.jpg

just after the sun had risen
this is a 413 second exposure using a lee bigg stopper
5292834123_5342209817_z.jpg

413 second exposure after the sun had risen crop of the above
5293431822_a5e112338a_z.jpg

CC welcome as it the only way to learn it also helps others

no.1 doesn't do much for me. Nicely exposed, gorgeous colours etc but I'm unsure about the subject/composition. Nothing really to draw the eye, but not empty enough to be minimal. Two I like. subtle & beautiful. I might move the horizon though, but where to I'm unsure.

The colours in 1 are great, but not a great deal going on. However, 2 is a beauty! Fantastic long exposure.

You should definitely get #2 printed.... IMO its the best of the 3 although some may not like it because of the rule of thirds... but rules are there to broken ;-)

#1 is a great shot but I just prefer #2 for the lovely calming colours

Second for me, although I think I would prefer a 60/40 split either way rather than 50/50

Third, the border is just a tad heavy for my eyes.

WooHoo ...... Roker Pier, its been donkeys since I've been down there.

I like No 2 the best, love the colours and the reflection sets it off. Looks like it was flat calm that morning, unlike today :(

Nice set Paul, the horizontal pastel banding on #2 is the one for me :)

I was just along at Seaburn same morning shooting the sunrise from the prommenade & met up with your mate Bob. Damn cold wasn't it LOL(y)

yep toe's were frezzing standing waiting for camera to do something
ho ho ho

I agree with Les regarding number 2, think I'd keep the reflection and have less sky to make the composition stronger

I like the cropped version of No2. The crop lends itself to the shape of the pier. Would like to see a version with just tad more sea.

very nice :) love the shots of the groyne, hope you went to Bob and Pats across from the westoe for a bacon butty afterwards

some nice pics there. i only live up the road so might pop down my self :)

Back