Roker, Whitby, Stanage, Warscale Bothy

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Really enjoyed these.
It looks like you had a good visit.
Absolutely loving the front to back sharpness, colour, composition, lines and balance in No2.

Second and fourth for me, both lovely use of light and composition.

First doesn't seem very crisp to me as presented although I like the composition and general image very much, and the third has suffered a bit with shadow recovery giving halos and slightly odd looks to the rocks.

Second and fourth for me, both lovely use of light and composition.

First doesn't seem very crisp to me as presented although I like the composition and general image very much, and the third has suffered a bit with shadow recovery giving halos and slightly odd looks to the rocks.

You are right about the millstone image. I'll have another go at processing it. The Roker Image is sharp as a big file so might be Flickr messing it up. Cheers

Like the first two - as others mentioned the halos in 3 are killing it a bit, the last one having shot the Bothy very recently I think the shadows on the mountains could stand to come up a hair, but the main thing is the blob above the sun from the flare which is really distracting.

Last edited:
Like the first two - as others mentioned the halos in 3 are killing it a bit, the last one having shot the Bothy very recently I think the shadows on the mountains could stand to come up a hair, but the main thing is the blob above the sun from the flare which is really distracting.
It was a real rush job as the sun was only in a good spot for a few minutes. I should have taken the filters off and shot two exposures as that would have given me far less flare. Lesson learnt for the next time. I like the stone shot composition but it was almost dark when it was taken and I have pushed the processing too much. I do have two exposures of this one so might try blending them. Thanks for your comments

Back