Rollei 35

Edit My Images
Yes
I've recently had my Rollei 35 reconditioned and wondered if anyone here could clear up a couple of points for me!
1. Am I correct in thinking there is no built-in rangefinder mechanism? I'm happy estimating distances, but just want to confirm this.
2. After taking a picture, is it necessary to use the wind on lever twice? I ask because after the first wind on (which presumably advances the film), you can wind it on again. However, after the second wind on, the level will not wind again until you take another pic.

Thanks in advance for any answers. Any other hot user tips gratefully accepted!

Once the film is in plce after loading it should only wind on once after each exposure.

This model doesn't have a rangefinder, you can get the most out the lens capabilties if taking a landscape by using a relatively small aperture and focusing a third into the subject.

Once had a similar model and it was a great walkabout

No range-finder unfortunately. Kinda makes a mockery of the f 2.8 Sonnar I think.
One long single stroke to wind on. But you can wind half way and start from rest to finish.

Tip; Make sure you take OFF the lens cap, especially if its one of the small metal replacement ones that are the same diameter as the lens and SO easy to forget and miss for half a film! :bonk:

Thanks for the replies.

Chivers, that's exactly what I've been using it for, a walkabout. It's great for street stuff a because no-one really notices it.

Offline, no mine is the plain old 35, so no rangefinder for me!

Stumpy, mine has no lens cap, so there's no danger of that. I do need to get hold of one through, it'd be ashame to damage that nice Tessar.

Thanks for the replies.

Stumpy, mine has no lens cap, so there's no danger of that. I do need to get hold of one through, it'd be ashame to damage that nice Tessar.

I wouldn't bother with a push on original. They soon get too loose and fall off. (Which is probably why you haven't got one). :thinking:
The metal ones from America on a certain auction site are of first-class construction, even if a bit expensive. They do slow you down a bit screwing them on and off though. Horses - courses.

Anybody know of any clip - on ones about?

Back