Rollright Stones

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
We had a few days camping in the Cotswolds last week. This photo is of the Rollright Stones near Chipping Norton. Shot in raw, sharpened and converted to jpeg. Any comment welcome.

ABAF1727.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Very nice (y)

I'd maybe just crop the bottom slightly to remove the brown patch ?

I did try cropping the bottom a bit, but the stones didn't look right. Thanks for the comment.

Kev, I like this and I am interested to see it as I pass the Rollrights often and always mean to go and take some pics. The sky is great and really adds to the overall effect. The stones are nice and sharp and I like the fields in the background.

All in all, a nice pic. Have you got any more?

Something looks a bit too intense to me. Not sure if it is the saturation, the contrast or the sharpening or a bit of everything. Nice scene but something not quite right and I'm not sure what. Probably just me :)

I am not sure about this, my eye jumps from one stone to the other and not resting anywhere. I do not know the location, so is there a way of taking the shot from more of an angle so that one stone is more prominent and thus becomes the main focus of attention?

Kev, I like this and I am interested to see it as I pass the Rollrights often and always mean to go and take some pics. The sky is great and really adds to the overall effect. The stones are nice and sharp and I like the fields in the background.

All in all, a nice pic. Have you got any more?

Thanks for the comment. It is a stone circle with trees around half of it and some fences. I didn't have a wide enough lens with me to get the whole circle. There are a couple of bigger stones standing apart, but there is a fence around them. I liked the sky and the distant rape field.

Something looks a bit too intense to me. Not sure if it is the saturation, the contrast or the sharpening or a bit of everything. Nice scene but something not quite right and I'm not sure what. Probably just me :)

Thanks for the comment. I only sharpened it and converted it to jpeg. It had been raining earlier so that made the stones a bit darker and possibly the grass a bit greener.

I am not sure about this, my eye jumps from one stone to the other and not resting anywhere. I do not know the location, so is there a way of taking the shot from more of an angle so that one stone is more prominent and thus becomes the main focus of attention?

Thanks for the comment. If I go back there again I will have another go.

Nice colours, and the cloud formation looks great! Just a little too sharpened maybe?

Nice Photo. I've been there a few times, the last time I photographed it was with a group sitting in a circle in the middle meditating. The early morning light gave saturation and contrast levels similar to yours.

Back