Roman Amphitheater

Edit My Images
Yes
This is the old Roman Amphitheater in Tarragona, Spain

C & C Welcome

This is the first pic I've put up for review so go easy :love:

Pic1.jpg

hi, firstly i would say it loks a little overexposed and the background is too busy with what looks like a building site going on, takes you away from the ampitheatre, I would also say the building in the background is more in focus than the main subject, have a go at cropping the image and play around in photoshop to improve th exposure, but for me its not a keeper. Its your first post, good on you for showing it, keep at it mate.
Cheers

well i don't want to sound harsh but there are a number of things wrong with this shot as the first respondent has pointed out. It's really difficult making shots of these antiquities look good, most of them are placed within suburbia and the time of day you get to shoot them, the light is awful.

sorry but :agree:

The whole image looks very soft to me.

My eye keeps wandering around trying to find the focal point.

Thanks guys, the place was sealed off so the shot was through a chain link fence, im not sure if I could of framed it much better, I would of liked to shoot straight at the seating area with the sea in the background but this was all I could get to :bang:

Have to agree with the above comments- you don't say what camera/lens you were using but it's a blurry shot for me too. This kind of subject really demands sharpness.

Hope you don't mind but I had play in Photoshop with your image and came up with the result below by cropping of the original, converting to B&W (RGB split using Blue channel), increasing contrast and then a lot of sharpening.
Blue4.jpg

Looks like a page out of an old archeology book now!

Thanks guys :razz:

The forums are busier but there is more to see so allow a day or two before getting upset at lack of comments ;)

You have been shot down a bit by the comments above (which are not unreasonable) :)

You have got a wonky horizon if you look at the sea but it is positioned roughly on a third of the way down the picture which is good, and the main subject has its centre on another third which is also good. So the composition is not that bad. The lack of sharpness has let you down probably more than the distractions as the ruins would grab your attention if they were crisp and clear. looking at the leaves in the foreground it looks like the camera has focused on that bush/tree and the important stuff is all out of focus!

You might want to check the auto focus settings and see if you can make it use only the middle area of the shot.

Robert

Fair play about the comments if its a rubbish picture then its rubbish,
but that was meant lightheartedly though hence the smiley

Jock, thanks for the edit, never considered it in b&w only took my Nikon P5100 away on holiday

It is not rubbish. You have photographers looking at it and looking for faults....that most people would not notice!

And I did realise you were kidding with the post I quoted :)

Back