Rome with a Fuji GS645S

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a short break in Rome this week and I took a Fuji GS645S with me and shot 3 rolls of Ilford Delta 400 pro. I have developed them in Ilfosol 3 and scanned the negatives with a Canon 9000F. This was my first time with this camera and I am really pleased with it. It says wide 60 on the camera, but it is not very wide angle. A lot of the time I could have done with a wider lens. Also the camera should shoot 15 images on a roll, but mine only shoots 14 for some reason. I have a 40mm lens on my Bronica ETRS which would have been better but is is so heavy that I didn't take it.

Here are some of the shots I am pleased with. There are loads more on my Flickr site.

1. A church organ. I went in so many churches I don't remember where this was. It was a good low light test. I have straightened the verticals a bit in lightroom.

Rome Fuji 645-12-2 by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

2. I think this was the same church. The strange white bits in the top right are not a problem with the film but damage in the church. They were doing some restoration.

Rome Fuji 645-13-2 by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

3. This was out the back of a church that started of life as a Roman baths but was converted to a design by Michaelangelo:

Rome Fuji 645-7-2 by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

4. The Coliseum

Rome Fuji 645-17 by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

5. The Coliseum again:

Rome Fuji 645-7 by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

6. The Forum near the Colisuem:

Rome Fuji 645-11 by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

Nice set, particularly like number 6

Thanks everyone. I like #6 too. It almost has a painting quality to it.

No.2 id sending me dizzy! Its like one of those psycadelic spirals!
Is that all in stone & actual 3D or is it perspective art freezes?!?!
Its almost like the inside out face!

Great set they are all good.

No4 is the pick for me.

5, 6 and 7 for me, i could study 7 for hours to see what all of the people are doing!

Great stuff I like the depth and detail in the first two in particular.

Lovely set, you must have a nice camera (ducks!). Number 3 for me, but it may be best in the context of the others. Lovely tones throughout though!

No.2 id sending me dizzy! Its like one of those psycadelic spirals!
Is that all in stone & actual 3D or is it perspective art freezes?!?!
Its almost like the inside out face!

Hi, no it's not all in stone. A lot of it is painted. I think that is why there are white areas top right where the paint needs restoring. It is hard to work out what is painted and what is sculpture even when you are there.

Back