Rood Ashton Hall Loco

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get two bites of the cherry with this one,one of my favourites, as it travelled from Tysley to Cardiff via Gloucester and returned in golden late afternoon (5.00pm) light which was a great improvement on the conditions in the morning.It left at 6.00pm and an ISO of 3200 was required as the light was fast disappearing.

Approaching Gloucester station.
ejevlw.jpg

2e161km.jpg

Outside Gloucester en-route to Cardiff
wrdelj.jpg

Returning From Cardiff
2yw8rp0.jpg

adpb3l.jpg

30agoci.jpg

t4vhxx.jpg

Leaving for Tysley. ISO 3200 as light fast fading.
2061jqe.jpg

no. 3 is the pick of the bunch for me, all obviously taken in the evening in low light conditions..like them all

Cheers,Rob. I've been to that field before,it's a decent spot..I got the Black Fives there a few weeks ago but must find another location on that Cardiff run but we've got nothing here for ages, I'll have to travel.

cracking set
the driver in no1 looks a bit like fred dibnah !!

Lol..yes he does doesn't he. I wonder if he ever got on a footplate ?

Thanks for the comment. I do wonder if some should be in B&W or sepia. though so I did a few versions(virtual copies) and they look pretty good,especially the sepia but the green is superb and the carriages.

Thanks both.
I really like number 4 too, Trevor but I'm not quite sure why. The light was excellent so that helped a lot,as ever

This is a favourite spot,Michael. I would have gone further along but just got there in time,maybe spent too much time at the station. It's 5 minutes from the station to that point..for the train..12-15 minutes by car through town...a few sets of lights en-route too.

Back