Roof gutter cleaning (videos and equipment =camera)

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
OK let me explain. Having had people around to clean the roof gutters it was what I thought expensive @£80+ a time. So I looked into getting my own equipment and eventually bought a SkyVac Atom version costing around £450 or there abouts. Since having the Atom I have more than saved against product costs by DIY.
So not wanting to spend too much on their camera equipment I used this

YBfgI30.jpg

attached to the Skyvac pole

tYYaZx1.jpg

All ready for demo, so this today was how much was in the roof gutter.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lUpnx6V8bM

ok not that much but enough to clog up the down pipe. So what did the gutter look like afterwards
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCrR4I_Izc8

Just imagine with 4 huge ok trees in my garden how the roof gutter would be in the Autumn.

Last edited:
That's what life is about, find a way to get the job done.

My brother's new house's gutters are buggered so I found a top rated firm for him and they suspect the previous (and probably cheap) people used to clean them have been simply scrapping the crude along the gutters (wrecking the joints) and down the downpipe and blocking the pipe under ground. Sometimes it really is best to just do things yourself.

Our gutters don't get too bad so I just use a huge set of ladders and a standoff. There is a centre section at the rear which I can't get to with ladders due to a protruding extension, I wonder if I could drag Henry up the ladders? :D

Yep, Henry's.
I've seen U shaped vacuum attachments for high level cleaning. If you can't find one, you could probably rig something out of plastic sink waste pipe and a bit of duct tape.

Yep, Henry's.
I've seen U shaped vacuum attachments for high level cleaning. If you can't find one, you could probably rig something out of plastic sink waste pipe and a bit of duct tape.

That could be a plan, I could come from the attic bedroom window as well - easier to go down than up and could do the whole gutter from there with enough tubing.

But how will I inspect it all without having to go through all the hassle of the giant ladders? Looks like I've got no choice but to buy a camera equipped drone.

Camera attached to the tube used for the cleaning?
If it'll reach to suck, it should reach to look.

Reactions: Nod
That's how the OP has done the inspection - a compact on a mini tripod gaffer taped to the vacuum hose.

Back