Roseberry Topping

Edit My Images
No
Climbed up Roseberry Topping with the family at the weekend; compact cameras start looking really appealing after lugging all my kit to the top. :) The weather wasn't exactly the best for photographs but I managed to get a couple of shots that hopefully aren't totally spoiled by the overcast . :)

I'm really not sure which of the first two I like best, probably the landscape format one; what do you reckon? Anyway, any critique welcome:

roseberry1.jpg

roseberry2.jpg

roseberry3.jpg

roseberry4.jpg

Nice all of them. I like the first one because it shows the scale of that hill better and that's often lost when you try to capture that - it's not as easy as it looks.

I like the last one for the sheer view you've encompassed. Cue the strains of Bach - 'Sheep May Safely Graze' is all that's missing. :)

#1 is excellent. God - I wish I had a fiver for every time I walked up Roseberry Topping when I was a kid.

regards

i would boost the saturation a little, otherwise very nice

If you can bring out the tree a little in the first one I think it'll be excellent. :)

SammyC said:
If you can bring out the tree a little in the first one I think it'll be excellent. :)

I'd agree with that, it seems to merge into the hill a bit :)

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I did try to bring the tree out a bit in the first, but I'm not sure if it's just not possible, with it being such a similar colour to the hill; or just beyond my feeble 'shopping skills. :ponders:

I might have a look at them again with more saturation. I suppose these are quite heavily desaturated. :)

hope you don't mind, but i had a play in photoshop.....
roseberry1edit.jpg

any better?

Well that's certainly given that tree depth! Seems a little over green now but that might just be in comparison to the original.

I do think it's an improvement though! :)

all i did was use the magnetic lassoo over the tree, added +10 saturation, then deselected, then added some contrast to the whole image to make it look slightly sharper and less exposed :)

Back