Roses: First try at close up/Macro... 2nd attempt to post

Name
Niki
Edit My Images
Yes
Dont have a true macro lens but have been playing with my Tameron 70-300mm macro end today and some roses by better half got me.

I'm struggling to get used to manual focusing but getting there just need more practice.

Im pleased with these ones, took a lot to get theses 3 but its all practice.

5307419403_fb40979dde.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Rose 2 by Is the kettle on?, on Flickr

Rose 3 by Is the kettle on?, on Flickr

C&C please

Last edited:
Sorry - no pics visible, just 3 crosses!

Phil

Yes, can see them now!

They are all good given you are a newcomer to macro work.

The third stands out as been particular crisp and having the best colours. I rarely like the subject central to the composition, but I think it works here with the leaves behind radiating out.

The second has a dreamy quality to it but I don't like the dark greens in the background much.

The first is a slightly manky specimen of a rose but is well exposed and sharp on the central petals. The composition could be better - perhaps have it at less of an angle as it makes the stem look overly stubby?

Good work! Keep practising,

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks Phil.

The first Rose was a bit manky, and the stem is stubby as i snapped it off by mistake and thats what made me start playing with the pics for a while.

I've looked at the 2nd one so many times as i like the petals but something seems off so i may try and see if i can crop out some of the green maybe?

I surprised myself with the 3rd one as im normally crap at manual focusing.

WIll have to get my other half to keep buying me more flowers then i can keep practicing.

I like number two it is just amazing!!!!! :)

Agree with comments so far, next time I would try shooting with a black background, that always works well with red.

Back