Rotating images on websites.

Edit My Images
Yes
I've almost completed my redesigned website but want a couple of rotating images to finish it off properly. I want some way of fading in an image every 5 seconds or so. I've had a play with ProShow Gold in the past but it tries to download a plugin before showing so rather useless as a feature on a homepage. How have others done it?

Thanks.:)

I ran a script on my first website that loaded a new image every 5 minutes, or something like that.
My site was shut down in a matter of days as I had exceeded my bandwidth usage.

Just a little heads up :)

i use the jquery script

Thanks! Found one on there that is a damn sight better than all the ones I found before (at least, I understood how to use it. :p). Sorted now thanks to that. :)

Thanks, it's atually pretty much the same one as the one I found with the jquery lead. :)

I ran a script on my first website that loaded a new image every 5 minutes, or something like that.
My site was shut down in a matter of days as I had exceeded my bandwidth usage.

Just a little heads up :)

It's only 5 <100KB images on the front page (should be cached immediately anyway) and 3 even smaller ones on another page. Having said that unfortunately this site is unlikely to draw that many people so it's not going to get anywhere near the bandwidth of another site I have on my host account. :)

Back