Rough night for the fox

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
full

Now that is quite an odd scene.......as @senna916 reports it as the fox was dead it makes me wonder about it's story as doesn't look too long dead?

I'd also love to know the how's and why's of this one cool image Steve cheers for sharing.

stu

Pretty sure that fox is dead.

Cracking shot.
The swan could easily have caused the fox's demise.

I'd also love to know the how's and why's of this one cool image Steve cheers for sharing.

stu
Can only assume that the swan killed the fox defending the nest. The fox was removed on 5th May by the local council, I checked the fox over but there was no obvious damage.

Thanks for the come back Steve. the only way I can think of a swan killing a fox is a strike to the head with the leading edge of a wing. It's pretty nasty,i'd guess,i've only actually been hit by geese with that method a mute would logically be more powerful.... I've worked with wildfowl and domestic so have held swans etc and experienced their wrath first hand. No broken bone but as before I've not been hit by the most powerful. Stories are told about swans being able to brake bones,for me it would be a freak if it happened To kill a fox by that method pretty much implies a head strike, and yet you examined the fox and couldn't see anything obvious .

I'd really love to know what exactly happened tis good they removed it ,ha more swan wrath for some good soul.

Again cheers for sharing this one I doubt many of us will see this again in our life times it's a very unique image .

Back