Rough seas at sunset

Nice colours in both, I would like to see No.1 cropped as almost a panoramic, Cropping the top 3rd, this would also remove the bird, also crop a little off the bottom. Hope you dont mind the edit. (Happy to delete if neccessary)

As to No.2 its just a shame about the lens flare

Edit: Image removed so as not to detract from the original. On further viewing I found I didn't like it as much as I did and agree with the comments :)

Last edited:
no1 is for me the most turbulent...the edit is a bit too much...waves are what its all about when one measures the power of the elements...they are the end of the process regarding the sea
the snippet of sunlight on the cliff face is good timing
cheers
geoff

I like number two (even the flare or spray or whatever it is, its somehow interesting to me) but I don't personally think number 1 is well composed. Sorry Chris but I don't like your edit at all, I prefer the original!

Fantastic colour in both of them but the first one would be my choice. A slight crop on the sky perhaps but that's just my taste. Nicely captured.

That's fine each to his own, otherwise galleries would be boring. My main issue was the bird and look to clone at first, but then ended up cropping to see if that worked (obv not ;) ). Also looking on my iPad the exposure is too dark on my edit (must add a screen calibrator to the shopping list). Like I said happy to remove

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys glad someone likes them.

Chris no need to remove the edit for me.

Excellent both of these,i think #1 is my pick.:)

Pretty amazing light, especially the 'fire light' on the cliff. Our weather,these days ,is giving us great photo ops like these.

Love No1 - and I think the bird adds to the shot :)

Thanks all for the comments.

The flare on the second is caused by spots of spray on my front filter.

Back