Round 1 BSB 2023

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Back at my local for round one.

All taken mostly on the R3 with 300 f2.8 IS L MKII and EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS L MKII.

Updated the firmware on the R3 and had a mare on the first day with nothing remotely in focus on day one even at stupid shutter speeds but a factory reset helped for the next few days.
Can safely say the A/F with the adapted 300 isn't as good as it was before the firmware upgrade.

Anyway on to a few images.

1/
0O3A8341-XL.jpg

2/
0O3A0819-XL.jpg

3/
0O3A1721-XL.jpg

4/
0O3A4413-XL.jpg

5/
0O3A4780-XL.jpg

6/
0O3A5653-XL.jpg

7/
0O3A6429-XL.jpg

8/
0O3A7225-XL.jpg

Great work - fantastic sharpness and clarity.

I'm contemplating an updgrade to an R3 at some point and have a 300 2.8 as well, so concerned to hear about your AF problems. Can you revert to the pervious firmware to see if it resolves the issues?

Great work - fantastic sharpness and clarity.

I'm contemplating an updgrade to an R3 at some point and have a 300 2.8 as well, so concerned to hear about your AF problems. Can you revert to the pervious firmware to see if it resolves the issues?
A battery pull and full reset seemed to have helped but still doesn't feel as responsive A/F wise as before and was gutted that no matter what custom A/F settings i try it doesn't stick on a subject and ignore other objects that pass in front like my previous 1 series cameras did.
Other than this and a few other quirks its an amazing camera to be fair and its strengths more than make up for its weak points.

Many thanks everyone for your kind words and last one of my favourites from the weekend although still sorting images from the support classes.

This point seems to go from being a no go red zone to an area we can shoot from as quick as the weather changes and is the exit of Woodcote onto the start/finish straight.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to look, would never of been trackside for the last 12 years if it wasn't for this very forum and the help of its members.

0O3A6013-2-XL.jpg

Great images and good to see Brooksy back up the front. Big shout out to Faye Ho for enabling the team to be competitive.

Gonna be a cracking season and look forward to more of your photo's.

Can't afford to go to Oulton sadly, maybe the next visit.

Amazing photographs despite the A/F woes.
Well done.

Outstanding work as always, I wasn't overly impressed with the new firmware either - don't even get me started on the 'panning assist'. . . . . better results with the usual pre focus pan and single shot.

.DAVID.

Back