Round Britain Cycle Tour Ipswich Start

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some first shots from this opening round. Mainly for rider moods and expressions.

RGB_9406.jpg

RGB_9409.jpg

RGB_9395.jpg

RGB_9402.jpg

Ed

You've given me some thoughts for tomorrow, off to Knutsford to see stage two pass through then Hanley on Thursday for stage five finish.

Great set captures the mood well, lets see if there smiling when the rain starts next week. Not coming near us in Yorkshire though.

Not coming near us in Yorkshire though.

Coming very close to Yorkshire they skirt the Border when they come through Kirby Lonsdale which is only about 10 miles North of Ingleton which is Yorkshire

and the road they use is a beautiful area with some nice backdrops,, if the weather is half decent I think I might have a drive up North

Must say I do like these images, loads of colour and some good rider close ups. 2 and 4 are my favourites.

I much prefer to see them grimacing and banked over something wioth more action going on
You've given me some thoughts for tomorrow, off to Knutsford to see stage two pass through then Hanley on Thursday for stage five finish.
Great set captures the mood well, lets see if there smiling when the rain starts next week.
Must say I do like these images, loads of colour and some good rider close ups. 2 and 4 are my favourites.

The images are from about 10mins. into the race, before it starts to get serious. Some riders were tensed up, but most seemed to relax and were enjoying the easier opening stage of an eight day event. The riders in shot #3 were chatting and looked like they were on a jaunt to get the Sunday papers.

In the later part of the stage the riders spread out so there is more time to compose and prepare, but hey, that's part of the fun of cycle photography. In any case, I might try and get to the Reigate-Guildford stage, where they go through Guildford twice.

Ed

Tour of Britain 2012

Very nice shot, depth of field just right. Nice work.

Coming very close to Yorkshire they skirt the Border when they come through Kirby Lonsdale which is only about 10 miles North of Ingleton

60miles and over 1 and a half hours from me.:)

well I live in Leeds so it is pretty much the same for me.. I guess it is a case of get up and go for me providing the weather is not total rubbish

I know what you mean, and what with it being mid-week, the GF is at work with the car, not easy to arrange for me.

Didn't work out at Knutsford, had a great view until the police allowed spectators forward, I nearly got crushed in the stampede, better luck on Thursday - I hope!!!! :shake:

Back