Round my way - Garioch area

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Beautiful clear skies and a harsh autum sun on Saturday. Managed to get out and about, round some sites i've been meaning to get to for ages.

Brutal shadows and a harsh sun forced me to use exposure blending in photomatix for a few of these. Let me know what you think and dont hold back! 1 to 4 taken with nikkor 10-24mm. the last four with 35mm f1.8 prime

#2 - Blairdaff Church
DSC_2583.jpg

DSC_2603.jpg

DSC_2880.jpg

DSC_2622.jpg

DSC_2631.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, they are very nice, keep your pants on, you've simply put up to many shots so people to have to work hard with criticizing them all.... probably :shrug:... its not been up that long either. ;)

Try slimming the amount down a bit, forcing yourself to criticize your own.

One or two are especially nice for me, so please don't take down 3 and 4. cool views those with the framing and whatnot.

:)

Very nice composition on many of these shots, nice and crisp, love the church shots.

Nope, they are very nice, keep your pants on, you've simply put up to many shots so people to have to work hard with criticizing them all.... probably :shrug:... its not been up that long either. ;)

Try slimming the amount down a bit, forcing yourself to criticize your own.

One or two are especially nice for me, so please don't take down 3 and 4. cool views those with the framing and whatnot.

:)

Pants well and truly welded on :D .I never thought about the quantity. I'm still finding me feet with this photography lark and i was testing the water with a variety of shots, finding out what other people though worked and what didn't. Also its my first proper play with PP and each shot was played around with at different levels, from a quick crop and sharpen up to exposure blending using 2 of the same raw files etc. We all have different eyes and computer monitors and was wondering how bad/good they looked to everyone else. i shall remove all but the church shots. thanks for the advice.

Very nice composition on many of these shots, nice and crisp, love the church shots.

Thanks very much, i must be doing something right!

AL

Good effort there Al, least you got out and about and tried. Not sure they are doing anything too exciting for me to be honest, not sure why or what it is either, i have looked at them a few times now and i cant quite put my finger on it, maybe processing a little wrong?

Picture 6 should be great especially as you used the 35mm prime, it should be very sharp and pulling the detail out but it seems a little flat or something. Also i think it would work better if the top of frame was in line with the bricks

Keep on clicking ;)

I nice set
However I do like to see verticals vertical in architectural shots.

Lol, bit of an old expression I guess.

They where all nicely shot and processed I thought. Well exposed and bright all of them just like these you've left up.

The fourth numbered is clearly the winner for me, although it does lean slightly to the left... half a degree correction maybe.

Thanks for the kind words.i did try straightening the doorway, but everything else looked a bit off.

Good effort there Al, least you got out and about and tried. Not sure they are doing anything too exciting for me to be honest, not sure why or what it is either, i have looked at them a few times now and i cant quite put my finger on it, maybe processing a little wrong?

Picture 6 should be great especially as you used the 35mm prime, it should be very sharp and pulling the detail out but it seems a little flat or something. Also i think it would work better if the top of frame was in line with the bricks

Keep on clicking ;)

my first real delv into processing so no surprises that they arent really working for you.

pic6, couldnt line up the top bricks because the subject wasnt directly in front of the window. I would need a jcb in my kit bag for that, and i dont think the residents would approve:thinking: . the sun on saturday midday was brutal and the quarz in the granite just made the stones glow and i think i might have oversharpened in PP just a tad.

I nice set
However I do like to see verticals vertical in architectural shots.

Thanks for comments,one thing i'm noticing is that with the 10-24mm lens theres very little room for error compositionally. PP is a nightmare trying to correct verticals especially if you arent looking directly onto something.low shots looking upwards just bend verticals beyond any state of PP repair.

Hi 73.
You were lucky to get "ootnaboot". I had to work :crying::crying::crying:

Nice clear, sharp images BTW

Mike, cheers for the comments. Aye my planets lined up on saturday. The wife was busy with something else, the monster in law had the kids and the sun was shining.Not often that happens

Onwards and upwards, still sticking with full manual on a D90 with whats fair to say too many lenses. Its still all a bit much to take in especially if you throw Subtle PP in the mix.

cheers, AL

Back