Roundhay Park wire wool spinning

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Great night wire wool spinning at Roundhay Park.

Really enjoyed the meet and meeting fellow TP Members...who will be posting their photographs from the meet shortly ;)

I'm sure it will be repeated.

Since I live around the corner from the Park, and I'm giddy as hell, here's my first of the night.

Cheers.

Wire wool #2 by andysheader, on Flickr

Wire wool #1 by andysheader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really sorry i missed it, especially after seeing that but had an appointment, great #1 for me Andy and if you do it again. i'll be there

Great shot! Awesome location, contrast between the old stone and the wire wool is brilliant.

Fantastic photos Andy! It really was great fun!

No 1 - I prefer the clarity of this one and love the waterfall effect of the trails.

No 2 - I like the circle being central to the arched doorway and also the blue foreground adds another dimension!

I will get round to sorting through mine shortly but yours will be a hard act to follow!!

Last edited:
Great night Andy. Thanks for organising.

I like both both my vote goes to #2. I like the combination of the spinning plus the blue effect in the foreground.

Both are wonderful Andy I think that both of them are spot on in both composition and execution (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers, Bud, it really was a fantastic night with great company. I think we all learned loads and were very keen for another meet.

We could have stopped there for hours but we used our 2 packs of wire wool :bonk::bonk:

Sill await more photographs from t' others...:clap:

Nice.

#2 for me. The upper, arching spark really set the photograph off and you've got a nice bed of sparks on the ground.

Interesting perspective on these as well.

SSSOOOO many possibilities.

I'm having a look at other sites.

Any suggestions from viewers let us know...

Quite fancy this venue linky

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. Yes my favourite is #2 as well. It's the spark that arched towards me that does it. I think that might be you spinning it as well.

Clicked on the linky. Looks like it might be suitable. (y)

Fab set of shots , gutted that i missed out on this .

looks like yu lot had a great time, shame I missed it. But hey ho, that's the way it works some times !

Do you have another location or night planned in for this? I had bought all the gear a while back, and also have some fire poi, but I've not been able to find a suitable location or people willing to give it a go before I found these images just now?

cool - looks fun - we are giving this a go at the end of Jan up in North Norfolk

Can I ask a couple of questions? - just for a bit of advice really.........

1) How much wire wool did you use a time?

2) What do you put it in? I assume something like a bird feeder

3) With fine grade, how easy is it to light?

I assume the person spinning gets covered in sparks.

Not much wool each time, a fist full and it went into a wisk. Just a normal plain wisk that Andy 'borrowed?' from his kitchen. Think Andy brought two packs of wool and we were there for a fair few hours.

I didnt do any of the lighting but it seemed to be very easy. Just used a 9V battery, touched it and it appeared to go up.

No injuries reported and I think all clothes intact!

Well here some of mine from Thursday night.

Hi, Sarah, nice one. I need to look into long exposure NR, I've read that most of what is achieved can be obtained in post.

looks like yu lot had a great time, shame I missed it. But hey ho, that's the way it works some times !

There will be others...

Do you have another location or night planned in for this? I had bought all the gear a while back, and also have some fire poi, but I've not been able to find a suitable location or people willing to give it a go before I found these images just now?

Hi, we'll be doing another meet soon. Just need to check out locations (y)

cool - looks fun - we are giving this a go at the end of Jan up in North Norfolk

Can I ask a couple of questions? - just for a bit of advice really.........

1) How much wire wool did you use a time?

2) What do you put it in? I assume something like a bird feeder

3) With fine grade, how easy is it to light?

I assume the person spinning gets covered in sparks.

Hi, you can use and much wire wool as you want to. Not too compacted though as it doesn't work as well. I used a whisk (but don't tell Jackie :bonk:) I'd recommend similar or a bird feeder. Fine works, and burns best. Very little, if any sparks ended up on anyone.

I have to say, I'd highly recommend this, it was fantastic. (y)

Cheers.

Fantastic image, i particularly love the blue foreground. How is that effect achieved if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think much remained from the whisk!!

I do recomend keeping the bag well away from where the spinner is stood!!
Thomas our 16 year old son had a great time spinning for us but at one point we heard him shout:eek: and then could hear lots of stamping while he was putting out the bag containing the wire!!:eek::LOL:

Nobody was hurt or any damage on clothes!

It was a great night and good to experiment with lightpainting as well. If you have torches, El wire or glow sticks:) I would take them along as well!!

Andy, we went on a workshop in October and were recomended to leave NR on all the time. It can be a pain waiting for it to do its stuff so I would be interested to see how good it is with ps.

Fantastic image, i particularly love the blue foreground. How is that effect achieved if you don't mind me asking?

Hi tony, the blue effect was made by Andy walking around with some blue EL wire. Its great stuff and I will have to get some!!
I'm sure Andy will come on and let you know where he got it from, either that or search google for it!

It's El wire from here linky Very cheap and quick delivery. It's easy to get carried away buying on the webside though :help:

Here are mine from the night on the S3100. A bit different from the others but hey you work with what you have got (y)

If they were hand held well done...either way congrats. Is the last one rotated or did you fall over (y)

posiview said:
If they were hand held well done...either way congrats. Is the last one rotated or did you fall over (y)

Yes done hand held. The last one was done in front of the tree, don't think I fell!! Maybe zoomed in a bit too much.

4th is my fav too.

Some brilliant shots from everyone there. It looks like it was a sucessfull evening!

I'll keep an eye out for the next one as i'm gutted I couldnt make it to this one. I've wanted to do this for a while.

This place isnt too far away from the Park, but its private land.

New front door by whatdoesthisbuttondo, on Flickr

Love those, especially the blue smoke one :) Speaking of all thing glowing. What is it that you use to create that creepy, luminous smoke, rope lights or el wire or just this wool wire?

Last edited:
Back