Roy Ayers Gig at The Magnet, Liverpool

Name
Brian Ardrey
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to the Roy Ayers gig at The Magnet on Thursday night. They seem to be happy for photographers to take pics of whatever they like there and its usually a good place to go to get some shots.

But on Thursday, althought the gig was packed out and the atmos as great as it ever is, I just couldn't get any decent shots. There seemed to be loads of tall people at the front and the lights somehow just wern't bright enough to get the shots I wanted without flash.

I left the gig feeling sweaty and happy at the gig I'd seen but I was a little disappointed by the pics.

Still, I suppose that's what it's all about. If it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun.

Here's three shots anyway. Let me know what you think

Roy_Ayers_-_Sax_Man_800.jpg

Roy_Ayers_3_800.jpg

Roy_Ayers_-_Vocalist_800px_2.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad shots but there's no way I'd be wasting time with a camera at a Roy Ayers gig. :D

Not bad shots but there's no way I'd be wasting time with a camera at a Roy Ayers gig. :D
You're right. After a while I stopped taking photos and just got in to the music. This was when my beloved 40D was just a thing that got in the way as I tried to push through the crowd to get a beer. Never mind eh!

He's still so cool....

"Poo Poo La La", and his "RANYCBA" (Roy Ayres New York City Bachelor Apartment) :LOL:

I never realised we had a collection of Jazz Funksters on here (y)

Steve

Back