Royal Mail lost my 10-22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
:crying:

Thankfully it was insured for £500 but still really annoying as I really wanted it.

I bought it off a TP/POTN member and he's been really good about it all. Instantly refunded me and he's claiming for the insurance but it's very irritating either way. I sold my 10-20mm so now I'm without a wide-angle lens. :(

Sad as it is when things do go wrong with Royal Mail...there are of course the millions of times when it goes right! I've personally never had a problem with them...touch wood!

At least it is all being resolved quickly...another one will turn up eventually! :)

When was it posted? Royal mail do not class anything lost for iirc 28days. When I worked in retail and did a lot of mail order it was a fairly regular thing to have something go "missing" for it to either be delivered 3 or nearly 4 weeks later or for it to be returned to us with a note on it saying not collected from sorting office when the address had supposedly had a card put through the door as no one was in.

When was it posted? Royal mail do not class anything lost for iirc 28days. When I worked in retail and did a lot of mail order it was a fairly regular thing to have something go "missing" for it to either be delivered 3 or nearly 4 weeks later or for it to be returned to us with a note on it saying not collected from sorting office when the address had supposedly had a card put through the door as no one was in.
Posted on Saturday. Guaranteed delivery for Monday.

I received a Special Delivery Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today with no sign of my lens. :(

Yes, I had something go missing in the post and I seem to remember there was a 2-3 week (maybe slightly longer) time period before you could submit a claim for lost post. (y)

I received a Special Delivery Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today with no sign of my lens. :(

Need to type quicker :shake:

I'm not sure re my above post if it applies to RMSD :shrug:

Hopefully will get sorted out (y)

supposedly had a card put through the door as no one was in.

I've had a few of those cards "supposedly" put through my door. It's only when I've been to the soring office a few days after I expected a package that I found it was sitting on a shelf there. I think they keep the package for a week before sending it back, how long ago did they post it?

Ok. it still is the case iirc with guaranteed delivery that there is still the 28 days to wait. it could well still turn up. have you tried tracking the ref number from the guaranteed slip, this may well help find the item or where on its journey it has gone astray.

Nope. How would I find the telephone number for my local sorting office?

I posted an item 48hr delivery from loacal PO it failed to appear, had tracking number etc.. all showed no trace spoke to RM advised to wait 28days. It was a large bulky item it arrived at destination 3 weeks after posting. It was wrongly labelled by the post office counter staf and went ordinary parcel mail hence its late arrival
may turn up

Your item with reference ZW1********GB is currently progressing through our network.

Your item is currently progressing through our network for delivery.

To check your item's progress please come back later.
It has said that since Saturday.

Nope. How would I find the telephone number for my local sorting office?

Go in your local post office and ask. or google royal mail I think there website lists sorting offices.

Try this mate

Royal Mail, Dartford Delivery Office, 50 West Hill, Dartford, Kent, United Kingdom, DA1 1AA, Phone number 01322-297200

Try this mate

Royal Mail, Dartford Delivery Office, 50 West Hill, Dartford, Kent, United Kingdom, DA1 1AA, Phone number 01322-297200
Straight to answer phone, I've been trying it for the last 2-3 minutes. Cheers though.

To be fair to the Royal mail, they only had 55 complaints last year, the other 17 million went to the wrong address.

The RM "lost" a camera of mine about 5 years ago. It was only being shipped to the other side of Glasgow. It finally turned up, three weeks later, hidden under a pile of mail bags in a depot 40 miles away...:cautious:

Straight to answer phone, I've been trying it for the last 2-3 minutes. Cheers though.

Might find they are closed by now. I know our local sorting office has funny open times.

Most Royal Mail sorting offices are closed to the public from 14:00 these days. They do not normally answer the phone after that time either.

:crying:

Thankfully it was insured for £500 but still really annoying as I really wanted it.

I bought it off a TP/POTN member and he's been really good about it all. Instantly refunded me and he's claiming for the insurance but it's very irritating either way. I sold my 10-20mm so now I'm without a wide-angle lens. :(

Just had a thought

If it does arrive, you'll have to be very honest and refund your refund :D

I do hope it arrives as it's so demoralising when something doesn't go right (y)

We're quite fortunate here then, Ours opens from 7am to 7pm.

Lucky bugger, I have to wait until the following day if I miss a delivery, the card used to say collect after 2 hours, then it went out to 4 hours and now it is the following day. If you go in at 1.45pm on the offchance, they take one look at the card and say come back tomorrow!

Royal Mail Customer Service is an oxymoron down here.

According to Royal Mail it's 10 working days after the due date before the item can be considered lost and a claim made for compensation.

Hopefully it will eventually turn up, and you'll be able to claim £5 or £10 compensation (to my mind it should be several multiples of the postage paid, but there you go).

Lucky bugger, I have to wait until the following day if I miss a delivery, the card used to say collect after 2 hours, then it went out to 4 hours and now it is the following day. If you go in at 1.45pm on the offchance, they take one look at the card and say come back tomorrow!

Royal Mail Customer Service is an oxymoron down here.

Where we used to live, they were open 10-12 and 2-4. As we both worked, if a package was delivered on a Monday, we would have to wait until the Saturday!

As it's RMSD, he'll have to sign for it so he'll have no choice. Not that he wouldn't be honest anyway.

It often doesn't work like that in practice, my brother buys load of tat of e.bay, postie often leaves registered/recorded or whatever packages on his doorstop. Wayne

As it's RMSD, he'll have to sign for it so he'll have no choice. Not that he wouldn't be honest anyway.
Just out of curiosity, why couldn't I say that isn't my signature? What would happen exactly if someone sat outside my house pretending to be cutting the grass or whatever and signed for it? I've always wondered.

I've got an agreement with one of the posties to sign the thing for me and push the parcel through the open window in our hall. He sometimes comes as early as 6am so I've asked him to and he's cool with it. :D

It often doesn't work like that in practice, my brother buys load of tat of e.bay, postie often leaves registered/recorded or whatever packages on his doorstop. Wayne

So whose signature appears on the electronic record that the postman has to get for those types of deliveries?
Just out of curiosity, why couldn't I say that isn't my signature? What would happen exactly if someone sat outside my house pretending to be cutting the grass or whatever and signed for it? I've always wondered.

I've got an agreement with one of the posties to sign the thing for me and push the parcel through the open window in our hall. He sometimes comes as early as 6am so I've asked him to and he's cool with it. :D

I'd reckon if the RM knew he was doing that he'd get his jotters, that's mail fraud.

Well the guy would have to be pretending to cut the grass for a very long time unless he's fortunate in that the delivery comes early in the day! :LOL:

So whose signature appears on the electronic record that the postman has to get for those types of deliveries?
Same as mine, I guess -- a scribble.

I never sign it properly anyway, the electronic thingy is far too fiddly so I just put a line through it. :LOL:

Same as mine, I guess -- a scribble.

I never sign it properly anyway, the electronic thingy is far too fiddly so I just put a line through it. :LOL:

So, if you ordered, say £5000 worth of lenses and the postie signs for them then you could technically claim non-delivery as the "signature" won't match the hadwriting of anyone at your address, but will match that of the postie.

The guy's an idiot if he does do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back