Royal Mail non-delivery marked as delivery recorded

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
1635514212976.png

So they don't deliver on the day, but magically mark it as delivery recorded next day at 7AM. No proof of delivery either. The local manager saw absolutely no issue with that, refused to even provide a form or details to complain and finally refused to give his name for future reference.

Item was like £10 so you could say not a big deal, just that I wasted a lot of time waiting, and my car won't be ready for sale for another week without this (screenwash pump). More alarmingly I am getting nervous about having expensive items delivered like this and the behaviour of local manager is very offputting.

Trying to call 0345 number is like banging head on the wall. Wait 30 min. Then they hang up because line is bad. Apparently. Their line perhaps.

Does anyone know a good old-fashioned postal address of the head office?

Why bother with RM. Contact the retailer who sent it. It's their problem.

It's a Tracked 48 service so the retailer should be able to get GPS co-ordinates where the item was scanned at the point of delivery.
Also keep an eye on the tracking page as those GPS co-ordinates are usually displayed on that page but sometimes take a day or two to update.

Last edited:
I had a whole range of similar deliveries via Hermes that where returned to the sender (without notifying me) & marked as received when delivered back to them!
Their tracking generally showed the items at my local depot for around a week before the return journey started.

Several of the parcels started their journey with other couriers & got subcontracted :mad:
I now use click & collect when ever it's an option.

Good luck.... our postie & Hermes has taken to dropping parcels in our blue bin (paper), up our driveway, next to the house.
We've had a large item left in the bin without a note to say it was there. I found it when it was a few days late.

A couple of weeks ago, when we were arriving home on blue bin-day, our neighbour had put out the bin out on the pavement some time before the bin was collected.
Inside was a parcel that had been popped in that day, we're not sure if they dropped it in whilst it was on the front or next to the house.

Last edited:
I too have had problems with Royal Mail . Usually get delivered to a neighbours house because the buggers arn't taught to read properly. Caught one RM man who delivered to the wrong house and he refused to go back and get it. . What happened? lets put it this way he must have finished his round in brown trousers as he ran for his life. This was after constant parcels for me mislayed- not delivered or dropped at wrong address.
Since then we have a new RM postie and no problems so far
now waiting for one to be delivered by Hermes coming from the USA. It is a wide angle and macro lens for my Sony FDR AX53 camcorder. can' t find one by D.V Bower here in the UK that is new

Last edited:
Had an issue with Parcelforce via Wex Recently. Bought a battery. Came up on the tracking as delivered and signed for plus a photo of the delivery. Only issue is no battery delivered. My daughter was up coincidentally for a couple of days and her initials matched the A Tod that was recorded as having signed. Now whether this is an initial A Tod or to indicate a Tod from the household signed for not clear. My daughter was at lunch with her mum at a local restautant when delivery recorded as made.
complained to Wex. They checked in, investigated, were a bit slow for my liking but refunded monies. However, RM- we have no legible signature, the photo is of such poor quality that we cant tell if its the right house or who took delivery however, the driver remembers delivering that particular parcel but not whether it was a man or woman who accepted it. The RM gps tracker show the driver near the house at the time of the delivery So he must have delivered it.

So RM, no answer, squiggle a signature, blurry photograph of house, nick package. All OK. Suspect we’ll have to revisit deliveries under signature as a society/ legally

Royal Fail without a doubt. I never use them.
I send thousands of parcels via Royal Mail each year. I can count on two fingers the number that have gone missing this year.

with the new 3d barcode and GPS tracking on delivery it’s amazing how many reported as not delivered parcels suddenly turn up when you produce GPS coordinates.

Last edited:
Back