Royal Mail Special Delivery

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick one...

I posted a lens out to a guy on here yesterday. Sent out as RMSD guaranteed by 1pm.

He's not received it yet and the tracking number just says that it's making it's way through their system.

Due for a postage cost refund do you think?

you should be able to get a refund. They did exactly this with something I sent earlier in the year & refunded postage

I just hope that it is delayed and they've not lost it :bang:

Is there a cut off as to when they accept them at the post office? I got there at around 12.30, I thought I may have missed the pickup...

Not RMSD, but I sent my Secret Santa gift 1st class recorded on 05/12 and the tracking info as of yesterday still only says making its way through the system

Very odd seeing as the recipient has confirmed its arrival so suspect there may be a problem

There is a cutoff but it's usually really late - it's basically the time the last collection ;eaves the office and that varies because it's one person visiting lots of offices. But often after 5pm. Staff should inform you if you've missed cutoff.

Can I get a refund if my item is not delivered on time?
Yes. Please keep your proof of posting receipt. If your item is not delivered on time we’ll refund your money providing you have your proof of posting and claim within 14 days of posting. If your item gets lost or damaged while it’s in our care, you can make a claim for compensation or consequential loss.

Most likely the Christmas post has delayed it. Local van post are still delivering at 8pm ATM.

They did the same to me two months ago. Filed a claim, not heard a peep since..

Waste of time.

The item arrived 3 days late yeah.

Made 2 x claims for late delivery and both paid - you have to use the required form though.

You fill out the form and post it off, a cheque arrives shortly thereafter. It's pretty easy to do.

Download from the link below and print it off.

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/P58_Inland_April13_v2 _0.pdf

Not how it worked for me. Fllled in the online form, got an email back saying they would investigate and would take upto 30 days. Like I said, still not heard a thing and its gonna cost more in my time chasing it up and I really can't be bothered.

Not how it worked for me. Fllled in the online form, got an email back saying they would investigate and would take upto 30 days. Like I said, still not heard a thing and its gonna cost more in my time chasing it up and I really can't be bothered.

Isn't the online form just a complaints procedure? I'm pretty sure for compensation/refunds it has to be on the P58 form posted to the office that deals with it.

Probably why you haven't heard any more about it...

Isn't the online form just a complaints procedure? I'm pretty sure for compensation/refunds it has to be on the P58 form posted to the office that deals with it.

Probably why you haven't heard any more about it...

It said it was for compensation for late deliveries, I had to photocopy the receipt, give all the parcel details, recipients address, my address and tracking code, so unless they lying....

Just a quick one...

I posted a lens out to a guy on here yesterday. Sent out as RMSD guaranteed by 1pm.

He's not received it yet and the tracking number just says that it's making it's way through their system.

Due for a postage cost refund do you think?

Try putting the tracking code into this:
http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails rather than the normal royalmail track-trace page as it usually gives more info than just 'making its way through the system'

Did you send it from a small post office?

....only I had this a while ago and when the sender checked, it was still sat in the original post office! :eek:

...may be worth checking if they still have it?

Heather

Did you send it from a small post office?

....only I had this a while ago and when the sender checked, it was still sat in the original post office! :eek:

...may be worth checking if they still have it?

Heather

It was the main one in my town centre.

It has left there, just not got to him yet.

I ordered 4 watch batteries off eBay last Thursday the 12th, second class free delivery and they arrived on Monday the 16th. I agree that it was a very small package, but still very good service from the Royal Mail.

I'm gland now that I bought some of their shares, which incidentally are doing very well.(y)

I've tracked it again this morning and it appears to be at the receipients local office, So it should be on the van for delivery today.

Back