Royal Visit in Manchester Today

I agree with Slimbert, and Julian deserves all the help he can get, but he should be able to sell a few shots if he has the opportunity, just like anyone else. He's a bloke just like us and his disablement should not prevent him doing anything you or I would do if we had got those shots. Just my humble opinion.

The main thing is however, if Julian is happy than fine.

There was no mention of Money from AP when they called they just said they will use the mandatory line with my name on.

As for the if I could sell my stuff then yes I would love to do so, which would obviously be used instead of benefits but at this moment it just wasn't an option, it was maybe opening a new door. You never know, and I shall put this down to experience.

Completely understand.

Still good pics and good to have the opportunity for such photos, I know I'll probably never come close and just to be able to get them is a reward in itself - simply knowing that they are your own personal images is something only you can relate to, and if others like them to, then that's the basics of photography covered? Not everything HAS to have a price tag.

Hope Julian doesn't mind me mentioning this and I'll gladly remove this if he'd like me to.....

Julian is disabled and unable to work. Earning money from his photography would make things complicated with regard to his benefit claim.....it's not just a case of "if you can sell them, then you should", there's more to it than that in Julians case!! (y)

This not a hijack or a dig at Julian but -

Just to clarify something for me, the above statement reads that Julian is unable to work through disability, which as far as I see is not correct. He is certainly not able to do certain kinds of work but to say he can't work is wrong as he has proved in this thread by taking fantastic photographs and putting them on one of the best press sites in the world. Already he has become a freelance shooter without probably knowing it. Whether he earns any money from it is another matter but the fact is, he IS able to work.

That first photo is an absolute winner for me. It just made me smile. Being a miserable sod that doesnt happen much. :LOL:

but the fact is, he IS able to work.

Sorry, I didn't word my post very well!! :bonk:

In my opinion it comes down to if/when Julian can earn enough to bin his benefits and make a worthwhile living from his photography. No doubt he could've made a very tidy sum out of these photos, but he won't be inches away from the queen every day, and what's he going to do for the rest of the year?! :thinking:

I don't mean for a second that Julian isn't capable of it (I absolutely think he is!) but he'd be making the jump to full time "pro", which can be a difficult move for many people.

I think this event has made Julian think about his future career in photography a lot more than he was doing beforehand, but I imagine the safety net of a steady income vs the risks of being self employed, makes it a very difficult decision for Julian to make.

I can't say a lot of what I'd like to (to explain things better regarding Julian working) because it's not for me to pour Julians home life all over the forum (i've done enough of that) but Julian has good days and some not so good days, so what I meant by "Julian can't work" is that Julian can't work in the normal 9-5 sense. I didn't mean he's completely useless at everything.....:LOL:

Last edited:
First pic is brilliant! You can't even see the scales or forked tongue!

Cheers, I also go to the local shop to get an elderly neighbour a paper and milk every day doesnt make me a milk man or paper boy or does it?

wahay!! Well done Jules. Please tell me you got a big smacker of Her Maj as well... otherwise you've failed :D

just got to echo everyone else's sentiments on theses shots, fantastic mate, that first one is a world beater !

As everyone else has said, it's an absolute corker. Got to be proud of a shot like that.

:LOL:

My excuse is I've got a new phone and didn't see it :D

:D

Stunning Julian, it is a shame that you couldn't earn money from them, one of the stupid things of life, knowing some of your situation but not lot's I'm sure that if you could you would love to be off the benefit system, but that's not a debate for TP (y) I'm really pleased that you got these great photo's (y) and well done for making your disability really work for you in this instance :clap:

Matt

Great first photo. As he's a fervent republican I'm waiting until my colleague's pc is free then I'll put it as his desktop.

As an aside the photo could have been sold and the income declared. Everyone wins in that situation.

Z

Great set Julian, chuffed for you.

Out of interest, has the first picture been published anywhere?

I had seen your shot of the wedding and not realised the connection.

I missed these before, but my dad said to check them out.

The first is absolutely superb, as other have said, it just could not be bettered and worthy of any royal publication.

Back