RS500

Name
Murray
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my dad's RS500. The pictures were taken while the car recieved its finishing touches from my dad and brother before it was let loose on the roads.

The aim of the day was about the car, not me getting photographs, so I had to work around them in between helping.

IMG_7675.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7676.jpg

This last one was taken from my living room window and had a bit of work in photoshop.

IMG_7694.jpg

Last edited:
I swear I saw these on here a little while back...

I think the processing on the last on works really well - IMO it's a shame that there's part of the house reflected in the windscreen, if it was just the clouds it would work even better I think..

I think the processing on the last on works really well - IMO it's a shame that there's part of the house reflected in the windscreen, if it was just the clouds it would work even better I think..

If you happen to be a member of pistonheads, then you might have spied them there. This is the first time i've posted them on this site.

I totally agree about the reflection of the house. I considered removing it in photoshop, but just never got round to it.

Last edited:
I thought I had seen these pictures on here before too (deja vu).

I got all excited too as I though I was going to see an original RS500.

i am a lover of ford and wowweee i go sooo excited every time i see a rs never mind the rs500

I also thought I was going to see a mint Sierra! :(

Oh well, still a nice car!

4 could of worked if they had got out of the way for a minute! The others, too cluttered with people etc or reflections.

345bhp through front wheels only? :wacky:

Should provide some interesting torque steer and understeer.

But you won't get many miles out of the tyres either! :LOL:

Last edited:
im guessing all ford rs owners mk1 and mk2 know the torque steer is all part of the fun driving these cars and they stick to the road like glue but yes the v-power fuel isnt going to get you very far!

Good man, a proper RS500 :LOL:

Tis neither RS500 nor standard Cossie.

RS500 was first launched in 1986 on a 'D' plate and DVLA shows the reg. on this one as belonging to a 1600. One of those very rare 3 door Sierra's now turned into a cossie replica.

Russ

i have seen them on here also...

rs500 is a monster of a car! i was going to photoshoot a Focus RS (new but the 300bhp) but the snow at the end of december put it off... love the colour of this one!

Detailers I see lol, this is also my other passion, making my car look it's best!!!

Something I want to do is be able to take some great pictures of cars the cars I detail to really show the work off to it's best.

My apologies, I didn't really look at it in detail, either way a nice 3 door!

Yeah, that link and my apology have already been posted in this thread.

Me too!

The indoor photos - that's never the garage at your family home? With everything boxed and away? All clean and tidy?

Thats quite the opposite to my family garage lol. Thats the detailing unit at Polished Bliss. My brother (Clark) is one of the directors and a detailer there.

Last edited:
Good man, a proper RS500 :LOL:

Where? That Sierra in that picture is never an RS500, even without checking the plate out!!! I owned one, and i'm sure as hell, positive that the car in the pic is definately missing a tailgate spoiler!!! Dead giveaway!!;)

Is this the original RS500? What are the main differences over a standard 3-door cossie for the uninitiated like moi? :)....

05-07-2008_RS500_001.jpg

To the OP, mental car - that paint job (is it matt or semi-matt?) is a prime candidate for some massively moody lighting for sure, especially with the gloss black wheel... that will be an awesome combo to light :)

Specialman, from the visual side,

Lip spoiler on the boot,
Main whaletail is different as it has it's own lip.
Bumper isn't flush across the top in the middle
No foglights (grilles instead)
Think it had different wheels
Then it had 4 extra injectors and some other bits aswell.

This is a normal Cosworth
Sierra_RS_Cosworth_Front.jpg

Is this the original RS500? What are the main differences over a standard 3-door cossie for the uninitiated like moi? :)....

05-07-2008_RS500_001.jpg

To the OP, mental car - that paint job (is it matt or semi-matt?) is a prime candidate for some massively moody lighting for sure, especially with the gloss black wheel... that will be an awesome combo to light :)

That's a proper RS500! there were only subtle differences between this car and the standard cossie except for the obvious boot lip spoiler, the extended spoiler on the whale tail, there was an extra set of 4 injectors, and different ignition setup, a 3 way damper on the turbo, slightly different brakes on it, but to the untrained eye, the brakes appear very similar. When i bought mine new, it came delivered with the optional fog lights in a cardboard box in the boot, and the Hockey sticks, (lower spoiler lip) was fitted after the car was taken off the transporter as it was too low when fitted to the car to get the car on and off the transporters. Thats about it, really. To be fair, a proper sorted RS500 Sierra is still a terrific car, and it's not uncommon for a genuine, mint one to go for between 30-35K! not bad for a car thats 25years old. In fact, i wish i still had mine!:crying:

Last edited:
Specialman, from the visual side,

Lip spoiler on the boot,
Main whaletail is different as it has it's own lip.
Bumper isn't flush across the top in the middle
No foglights (grilles instead)
Think it had different wheels
Then it had 4 extra injectors and some other bits aswell.

That's a proper RS500! there were only subtle differences between this car and the standard cossie except for the obvious boot lip spoiler, the extended spoiler on the whale tail, there was an extra set of 4 injectors, and different ignition setup, a 3 way damper on the turbo, slightly different brakes on it, but to the untrained eye, the brakes appear very similar. When i bought mine new, it came delivered with the optional fog lights in a cardboard box in the boot, and the Hockey sticks, (lower spoiler lip) was fitted after the car was taken off the transporter as it was too low when fitted to the car to get the car on and off the transporters. Thats about it, really. To be fair, a proper sorted RS500 Sierra is still a terrific car, and it's not uncommon for a genuine, mint one to go for between 30-35K! not bad for a car thats 25years old. In fact, i wish i still had mine!:crying:
Plus smaller core plugs in the block, and a slightly different suspension design IIRC, there was an extra bracket on the rear subframe around where the trailing arm mounted - something left over from the race car I believe.

Back