RSPB Lake Vyrnwy

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Heading out for the day tomorrow and going to make a stop at the above. Any good for bird or other wildlife photography?

The website seems to appear so but just wondering if anyone has any experieinces or recommendations so I make full use of the trip ;)

Many thanks

Last year the dam end was great for swallow/martin shots and there were a pair of peregrines at the top end of Vyrnwy that you could see from a hide. Haven't been yet this year so someone could confirm the peregrines are there now.

Oh yes there are dippers at the top end where the rivers enter the lake, they are easy to get to as well!

Nice one bumper, that's what I'm after mate.

Dippers would be great and peregrines obviously (y)

Wanted to try and suss it out as I've got the mrs with me and doubt she'd walk all round it lol. might mean some careful parking planning haha

I think it's about 14miles around the lake!!
I'm pretty sure she wont be walking it :D

There were also lots of the normal stuff like treecreepers and woodpeckers in the trees that line the lake. The trouble is that it's such a big lake to wlak around you need good eyes.

There's loads of parking dotted around though.

At the top end of the lake theres a carpark and if you get out and walk about a mile there's Rhiwargor waterfalls.

Just got a map off RSPB and saw the Rhiwargor walk of 2.3 miles, she'll do that lol.

Plenty of routed walks, and that one's saying the dippers can be seen there so assuming that's where you mentioned ;)

This is more of a recce so if it's worth a full day's trecking around I can go back myself when I won't have to worry about taking my time searching around (y)

I saw the dippers over by hotel in corner of the lake, there's a rocky river that enters near to it. You can also park right by the river too.

The falls are good but take your tripod! I didn't have mine and had to set the camera on the picnic table:bang:

Back