South-West England RSPB Radipole/Lodmoor in Weymouth - looking for local/s to have wander around

Name
Rachel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. So I have Anxiety and Aspergers amongst a bunch of physical disabilities. This year I am pushing my comfort zone and getting out with my camera.

Is anyone here local to South Dorset, and might be interested in meeting up for an afternoon or morning wander around my local RSPB reserves? I am very anxious outdoors and a photographer or two to share some picture time with would be a huge deal for me. Also might be nice to meet some local photog’s :)

So anyone up for it?

My wife and I like to visit Radipole, it is about an hour away from us, we're on the Dorset/Wilts/Somerset borders, just north of Gillingham, but it's also a nice drive down there.

I think my wife has a few days off next week, so dependant on the weather, we'd be happy to meet up.

My wife and I like to visit Radipole, it is about an hour away from us, we're on the Dorset/Wilts/Somerset borders, just north of Gillingham, but it's also a nice drive down there.

I think my wife has a few days off next week, so dependant on the weather, we'd be happy to meet up.
That sounds like a mini-plan :) When you know what day/time ish etc just pm me and we can organise ourselves as I really NEED to have an hour or so stroll with my camera and come good company :)

Hi Rachel. Although I am not local a trip to Radipole/Lodmoor is up on my list of to-visit. To see the beardies, and if we are lucky the Penduline tits...

Was hoping this Sunday or following weekend but things get being popped in my calendar at such inconvenient times. These things tend to last minutes but can't do anything either side!

Arne would be a better choice of venue than Radipole in my opinion- too many people use it a shortcut and the hide is so badly placed you hardly see anything

Les :)

Arne would be a better choice of venue than Radipole in my opinion- too many people use it a shortcut and the hide is so badly placed you hardly see anything

Les :)

Have to agree with Les on that one...

I had forgotten I'd replied to this, and I went a few weeks ago. Sorry Rachel.

Arrive at Radipole first, and it was much windier than in that London. No beardies. Was hoping to have a coffee and cake in the cafe, but that is still closed. The Marquee is where I saw the beardies last time I visited. So loped off to Lodmoor and saw my Water Rail. Then to Arne, left it too late as much activity had died down by the time I arrived. Same feelings re hide.

Will go again when I have free time, and I've done my lens calibrations.

Back