RSPB Reserves

nc_killie

POTY (Joint) 2016
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
just back from a couple of days in Norfolk where I visited my first RSPB reserves in years and kudos to Lakenheath Fen reserve who have provided a 'photography station' which I though was excellent and would encourage many people to give bird photography a try without the need for 500mm plus lenses. I have not seen these before but I do not usually visit these places much as there are none near!

The problem with RSPB reserves I think they where made for bird watchers so many hides are too far away from the bird ponds or habitats, maybe the RSPB will cotton to how bird/wildlife photography has taken off nowadays and make as you found better siting of hides for photography. Russ

Of the two nature reserves I visit most frequently, one of them is an RSPB reserve and it’s near on impossible to get decent pictures there because of the location of the hides. Away from the hides, there are also no areas open to the public where you can get good shots from either. It’s saving grace for me at least, is a relatively new Kingfisher hide where you can get your lens level with the tops of a few of the perches the kingfishers use. Lots of birdwatchers with binoculars, but very few cameras. Shame really, I’m sure they would get more visitors if they were able to tweak the layout a bit.

Back