Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
29th Sept - 13th October

Last edited:
Now open

Having seen some of the amazing wildlife photos on here over the years, I am not sure that I stand much chance, but I like having a challenge to think about when out with my camera, so hopefully I will be able to submit a suitable shot.

Having seen some of the amazing wildlife photos on here over the years, I am not sure that I stand much chance
The animal kingdom, covers a massive range of subjects.
As I say to the 52'ers. "Sometimes you need to think outside the box"

What if you're a vegan
I'm not asking you to eat them, just discuss & just take a picture.

Having head-butted the pavement a couple of days ago :( I'm not sure I'm going to get much opportunity to get out and about, but I have an idea if I get mobile quickly enough.
Fortunately my kit was still in its padded bag at the time so it didn't suffer the same as me. :)

Having head-butted the pavement a couple of days ago :( I'm not sure I'm going to get much opportunity to get out and about, but I have an idea if I get mobile quickly enough.
Fortunately my kit was still in its padded bag at the time so it didn't suffer the same as me. :)
Sorry to hear that, hope your ok! Good luck!

Having head-butted the pavement a couple of days ago :( I'm not sure I'm going to get much opportunity to get out and about,
OUCH!
I hope there are no lasting effects, Roger.

Do Builders count as animals??
From the web :-
Homo sapiens, a species of highly intelligent primate that includes all living humans...

That's a can of worms opened: "highly intelligent primate" and "builders" in close juxtaposition.....:exit:

I've kicked off the images thread, with a modest shot of a bullock on a local farm. I went out looking for lovely Jersey cows, because I know there are a couple of local milking herds, but couldn't find them - they must be in fields away from the roads now. Had to make do with a small herd of Friesian bullocks, one of whom caught my eye for his unusual markings.

Threw my hat into the ring ;)

Okay got my entry in - though initially clearly shocked by my bruised face, I was able to get the cooperation of a nice young lady and her dog.

Did anyone else think they had 2 weeks...

I'm glad I am not being entirely stupid then!

Ah so there is another week, no need to have rushed!

Ah so there is another week, no need to have rushed!
As it was my mistake if you want to replace it, its not a problem.

Well I met my 'subjects' again this morning when out on my walk and she asked if she could see the photo.
I showed it to her and she asked if I could email her a copy and of course I agreed - I have now had an email from her asking if I can do a proper family shoot!

Well I met my 'subjects' again this morning when out on my walk and she asked if she could see the photo.
I showed it to her and she asked if I could email her a copy and of course I agreed - I have now had an email from her asking if I can do a proper family shoot!
Nice one (y)

Are the image’s supposed to be taken during the dates the competition is open?

I only asked because one was clearly taken last year
I've no idea, who that maybe, but hopefully whoever it was will own up, and replace their image within the rules. :)

@Paulie-W
According to your flickr account that is an image dated last year.

@Paulie-W
According to your flickr account that is an image dated last year.
Oh does it have to be recent then? My bad if it does. Just take it down, Chris (y)

Oh does it have to be recent then? My bad if it does. Just take it down, Chris (y)
It does say in the T&C's Paul.
Feel free to replace it.
For now, I'll remove it but leave the post, and you can edit a new one in if you want.

It does say in the T&C's Paul.
Feel free to replace it.
For now, I'll remove it but leave the post, and you can edit a new one in if you want.
Ha don`t tell me i`m gonna have to start reading T&C`s ;)

Thanks, I`ll sort it (y)

The entry thread is now closed.
Thanks to all that entered.

The winner will be announced in due course,
good luck everyone.

The results have been updated.

Its been very tough deciding on the winner, so many great images each with their own special merits.
In fact we decided that there should also be a commended prize.
1st place can choose one from the list of prizes
Commended can choose one from the list of gloves..
The prizes are listed HERE

Once you have made your choice, please contact Lindsay with your selection & details

And the moment you have been waiting for..
1) Stephen @stevegixer for his Badger cubs.
2) Rob @rob-nikon his Bellowing stag
Once again well done everyone.

Last edited:
Back