weekly Rudder's 52 (late starter!) Step & Nature

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to have another go at a 52 having just realised that I used my camera for the first time in three months the other day!

My last attempt at a 52 was in 2011 and only got 4 weeks into it here's hoping I do better this time round.

Here's Step

Hi Dave and welcome :)
step...That's a big step for the little man, interesting idea, its just a tad dark for me, good idea :)
Nature..I think it might look better if you cropped the tree on the left, and brightened it a little, love the squirrel I wish there were more reds around :)

Welcome in Dave.

The lego man atop the steps is great. Only thing I'm not keen on is the vignette. So its a good 'un for me.

Nice to see a red squirrel, love their tufty ears. Was wondering if you;d missed focus a little bit, but looking at the settings wonder if 1/200th at 500mm is more to blame.

Welcome. I guess you could say you got to week 14 this year LOL

Step - Good start with some PP that I feel suits the subject

Nature - Softness of the main subject is the problem here. Well done for seeing one of these though. I don't remember ever seeing a red.

Hi Dave, welcome to the 52! As said above, the squirrel is a little soft but a great capture never the less, I cant remember ever seeing one! I think a little crop on the left would help, other than that a fine shot. A great pose too!

:wave: Welcome Dave

Liking your idea for step, pp works well (y)

Good shot of the red squirrel, well captured with the eye contact (y), as said it looks a little soft, but having never seen one myself yet,( I keep looking:rolleyes:) I would certainly be happy enough with it :)

Hi and welcome to the 52!:)
I like your step pic - a good idea
As Phil said it does look a little soft but not having seen a red squirrel before I would be happy with it!:)

Thanks for all the comments everyone

For the step photo I chose to process it going for an old-time'y feel mainly because the carpet and the walls are very plain and both a similar colour I was hoping for a vintage feel (with lego! :LOL:)

Here's a re-edit of the nature pic, unfortunately it is still soft, I was using a monopod but it was a very dull showery day, red's are also lively little beggars! :runaway: in the end I was just glad one sat still long enough to get a recognisable shot!

1zn68mr.jpg

Back