Ruddy Darter ( Female)

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Nice shot - plenty in my area.

Lovely shot. The dragonflies aren't so many in my area either this season but fluctuations are normal.

As this is posted in the critique forum, I would suggest the image might benefit from being a little warmer colour temperature. What was your WB? - I haven't spotted in your EXIF list on Flickr. I'm viewing it on a colour calibrated 27-inch Eizo pro monitor.

I had the a7Rii on auto white balance on a clear sunny morning

Les :)

It really really annoys me when I see people take photographs like this and I can't even get close :( :( :( :)

"Cracking" shot, nuff said.

George.

Lovely shot. The dragonflies aren't so many in my area either this season but fluctuations are normal.

As this is posted in the critique forum, I would suggest the image might benefit from being a little warmer colour temperature. What was your WB? - I haven't spotted in your EXIF list on Flickr. I'm viewing it on a colour calibrated 27-inch Eizo pro monitor.

How's this?

p2WO7r2.jpg

How's this?

p2WO7r2.jpg

.... Personally I think it is a subtle but great improvement - The colours of the species is more accurate and the whole picture is more attractive. However, as Common Darters age their reds often does become more brown. The background colour of the original is what initially attracted my attention and subsequent critique.

The bottom line though is not my opinion but only how happy you are with the image. If I haven't said so already, it's a great shot! Cheers!

Back