Rugby and new lens

Yea, I reckon just lower the saturation. Bright colours often work well in your work but sometimes it's just a little too much for me personally.

Yep, back in UK, living in Leeds. Haven't shot rugby for a good while now. Want to get back out doing some rugby league next season. Gonna get back to Guiseley for some footy this weekend hopefully, just renewed my National League licence.

Hope you're doing well mate.

Just needs a tweak in the white balance. If you have softwear where you can select just the grass that may help

WB, taken from the grass? Seriously?

It's great for exposure but absolutely no use for WB.

good action shot i like it
how are you finding the new lens ? its one i would consider if funds allowed
what camera are you using it on ?

good action shot i like it
how are you finding the new lens ? its one i would consider if funds allowed
what camera are you using it on ?

It's heavy 7.5lbs :) still getting used to it as I'm used to Tamron lens, so zooming is the opposite way. I'm using it on a Nikon D500 most of the time or on the D7200 and change over the 70-200 F2.8 lens depending what I'm shooting.

The neat trick on either camera is to switch on the extra crop factor, so 300 X 1.5 = 450 then X 1.4 ish = 630mm :) then I have a 1.4 converter that can also be added if needed =880mm

I was using the 70-200 on the D500 Sunday and the lens focal length was measuring 450mm by just using this extra crop factor, the only problem with using it is that you end up dropping down on the image size as your not using the whole sensor. Still good enough for kids rugby/ football images :)

Last edited:
Back