Rugby League

SKP

Name
Steven Price
Edit My Images
No
a few shots from saturdays tigers v wildcats game. my first shoot with the Canon 300mm f2.8
#1. Ryan Atkins cops a high shot.
2559912069_6abf59e15c_o.jpg

#2. Michael Shenton is tackled by Damien Blanch & Jason Golden
2560140093_c929e32057_o.jpg

#3 Stuart Donlan is up ended by Danny Brough
2559912253_b843dea5e1_o.jpg

#4. Wakefield's Head Coach John Kear.
2560103063_a246c07399_o.jpg

Thanks for thaking the time to look.
Steve

Last edited:
nice one mate...great pics as always.. what did you think of it? the 300? i kept automatically turning the focus ring out of habit thinking i was zooming the sigma :)

I did local rugby league on saturday and went back to the sigma 120-300.. to give it a good test after being fixed http://othersports.fotopic.net/c1524208.html .. ya cant miss in this weather hehe ..

i thought i have a lot to learn about shooting with a prime m8 but i found i didnt miss the zoom as much as i first thought i would, still wanted more reach 400 anyone :LOL:

My 400 sold for 1700 quid within an hr of it going on ebay :)

yeagh i sat there with a 70-200 at football and didnt need it... But with rugby i did.. even at edge of pitch i was too close to the line for 300.. you must have more room.

also with the canon 300 you can crop in more and still get good pictures... you could only crop so much wiht the sigma i found..

well your pics are def up to scratch.. do you notice a difference in colour?

yes i think the colours were slightley different Tony, cant really put my finger on what it was exactley though, allways liked the colours from the Sigma anyway dont know why i just like colourful images i guess. due to not being able to shoot from behind the posts at Castleford i think the 400 would be ideal there maybe it will be a different story at other grounds m8.

Last edited:
A couple more shots.
Scott Moore.
2560139995_9ba9736e21_o.jpg

The Tigers Mascot Mr Purrfect
2559912191_bf762e47c0_o.jpg

Last edited:
those are fab! all so sharp!! that lens is next on my list :D!

I will say as a nikonian myself-that is a wicked lens m8-and wicked shots.;)

Those are great shots, sharp, frozen, action packed...(y)
They say Danny Brough had a quiet game on his return to Cas.
I've often thought about shooting my team, but I doubt I'd get through the turnstile with big glass.
So will we see some from the semi final......or will you just be suffering for the rest of the season.....;)

Last edited:
Those are great shots, sharp, frozen, action packed...(y)
They say Danny Brough had a quiet game on his return to Cas.
I've often thought about shooting my team, but I doubt I'd get through the turnstile with big glass.
So will we see some from the semi final......or will you just be suffering for the rest of the season.....;)

Well i live in Doncaster so i hope that i will be there shooting the semi, as they say watch this space!:naughty:

Why don't write to the press officer of your team and ask to be aloowed to shoot a game then? If you never ask he or she will never get the chance to say yes or no. You've nothing to lose.

excellent shots :)

Cheers

Why don't write to the press officer of your team and ask to be aloowed to shoot a game then? If you never ask he or she will never get the chance to say yes or no. You've nothing to lose.

Ermm great advice m8, only problem is its a little late sorry ;) i was Doncasters official photographer for a few seasons but have moved on a little since then. I now shoot super league & am fully accredited to the RFL & am looking forward to shooting league football when the new season starts(y)
regards
Steve

He was talking to joxby

whoops that will teach me to put my glasses on, I never noticed the quote :bonk: sorry NorthernNikon it is good advice, it is how i got started at Doncaster it does help if you know someone high up at your club as well ;)

Best Regards
Steve

Last edited:
whoops that will teach me to put my glasses on, I never noticed the quote :bonk: sorry NorthernNikon it is good advice, it is how i got started at Doncaster it does help if you know someone high up at your club as well ;)

I'll let you off Steve.

I used to be the Media Manager for the London Knights Ice Hockey team and was very open to photographers' request for access to the rink as I believe that any coverage was good coverage for what was at the time one of the larger minority sports.

Either way, I'm only too happy to see Rugby League photos on here. They tend to be far more dynamic than the architypal union line out shots

Back